Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A few more Leylands.
oily

Leyland Marathon Brain Haulage.jpg

A real beaut, fresh out of the paintshop, deserves a spot on its own.
oily

Sheeted and roped from the same firm, 1960 Octopus.
oily

Last of Leylands for today from the same firm Guardbridge Paper.
oily

Alex Anderson knows how to turn them out.
oily

oiltreader:
A real beaut, fresh out of the paintshop, deserves a spot on its own.
oily

Can i have this please its the dogs doodahs :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

SCAMMELL

ERF

Those photos of the Guardbridge Paper Leylands are top-shelfers Oily,thanks for posting. :sunglasses:

oiltreader:
Sheeted and roped from the same firm, 1960 Octopus.
oily

Magic, Oily, pure magic!! I see that they were using wide canvas straps on the load to minimise damage to the paper.We used a few sets on the Bowater Scott tissue loads,they were OK up to a point but we switched to “bottle sheets” which we found ideal for all over load holding.Anyway those Guard Bridge shots show off the fine art of sheeting and roping at it’s best.One thing the Scots lads could do is sheet and rope proper like ! We had a couple of ex Caledonian/McKinnon drivers at Bewick Transport and they were both masters of the art,as well as top flight drivers.Cheers Bewick.

A few Maggies for you.
oily

maggieharwich500.jpg

Another four Magirus Deutz.
oily

Livestock movers from Merriman and MacTaggart. The Scania with the scenery posted before on another thread, worth another look
oily

Merriman 2.jpg

MacTaggart Bros.jpg

Merriman3.jpg

MacTaggart.jpg

Merriman4.jpg

Hi oiltreader

do you have any photos of Freeway haulage tyne & wear

regards

mark

marcus 22:
Hi oiltreader

do you have any photos of Freeway haulage tyne & wear

regards

mark

Hi marcus22, I’ve had a look, but no luck sorry.
oily

My old buddy Alan Long rang me today to say he has finally retired. He started continental late 69 early 70, first to Spain, then Italy, after that Greece and also the Middle East. At retirement he was still doing 2 Hollands a week, so after 40 odd years of continental and at 75 and a bit, I would say that’s quite a record. We have a meet lined up for next spring, that is if he’s not back on the road again.
Here’s a couple of the many Volvos he has had.
oily

hi oily

thanks for looking mate

regards mark

i took the picture of the cawthorns maggies in 1977,they were parked at harwich waiting for a ferry to antwerp. heres a photo of them at antwerp docks.

twin splitter:
i took the picture of the cawthorns maggies in 1977,they were parked at harwich waiting for a ferry to antwerp. heres a photo of them at antwerp docks.

Hi twin splitter, nice tieup there, thanks for that.
oily

Hi marcus 22
I found some Freeway Haulage photos here public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … lageltddu/, they are copyright marked, but obtainable if you want to follow it up. All I can offer is this model.
oily