Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland600:
Servo I have known Old Jim since around 1967 , The ERF alongside was operated by Stobart Farm Feeds at Newlands mill, Hesket Newmarket. The old wartime red Bedfords are owned by Bob Parker from Kirkoswald, he has taken part in vintage rallies as far back as 1976 that I can remember and has had these two wagons on a road run as far as the North Coast of Scotland. He rallied two International artics ex Jack Bradley Transport Accrington at one time.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Leyland600 had the good fortune to meet Jim & have the crack with him, he’s a cracking Guy & full of imformation. Have some more pic’s from his Yard i will sort them out & post them up. Regards Gordon

Picture of the northern section of the M8 under construction in the heart of Glasgow. The difference in carriageway heights was due to the proposed motorway spur to the north west that was never built. Pic 2 is a before and after shot with the scene today sliced together with the older pic (not by me I should add!!)

Parcels delivery in the days before TNT shook up the market

57f0d24f409d2fc451980fecbf8369a6.jpgHere,s an old one for you from the net Oily …brought a tear to my eye having backed into that door a hundred times

backsplice:
0Here,s an old one for you from the net Oily …brought a tear to my eye having backed into that door a hundred times

A caker backing in there Robert wi all that space :laughing: ta for the photo.
Oily

Thanks to Dennis Javelin and backsplice for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Autumn Friday past in Dingwall.
Oily

TKN Highland IMG_4026.jpg

Here’s one for you Oily, spot the difference :wink:

pv83:

Sardines and one lame one :laughing:
That brings back a memory for me, a load of camping trailers from Dover to Manchester, Perkins Commer wagon and drag cartransporter and being asked to pack on as many as would fit which was eleven I think it was, we tipped and making our(trailer mate) way out along Oxford Road Manchester and the brakes getting a bit less effective. I rang HQ at Coventry and was asked can you get back here, I did with minimum foot brake, lotta down gearing and hand brake, a flat pedal back at the yard, given a car on trade plates to get us home. Happy days YES :smiley:
Oily

oiltreader:

pv83:

Sardines and one lame one :laughing:
That brings back a memory for me, a load of camping trailers from Dover to Manchester, Perkins Commer wagon and drag cartransporter and being asked to pack on as many as would fit which was eleven I think it was, we tipped and making our(trailer mate) way out along Oxford Road Manchester and the brakes getting a bit less effective. I rang HQ at Coventry and was asked can you get back here, I did with minimum foot brake, lotta down gearing and hand brake, a flat pedal back at the yard, given a car on trade plates to get us home. Happy days YES :smiley:
Oily

You wouldn’t get away with that nowadays Oily… need at least to change underwear twice :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:

Was that cab raised simply to pack a couple more on top.?

21 June 1985
Filton Airfield
Bristol
Eng… Looks like a BMC FJ being used in some sort of fire
training exercises,or maybe thats where they toast
their marshmallows.!!

Tromso last year

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

Ade

IMG_1224.JPG

pyewacket947v:
21 June 1986
Filton Airfield
Bristol
their marshmallows.!!

I think it is a bit later than an FJ. The front panel is one used towards the end of the Bathgate cab’s use. Always sad to see vehicles being maltreated though!

Dipster:

pyewacket947v:
21 June 1986
Filton Airfield
Bristol
their marshmallows.!!

I think it is a bit later than an FJ. The front panel is one used towards the end of the Bathgate cab’s use. Always sad to see vehicles being maltreated though!

A Laird I would say.
Oily

pyewacket947v:

pv83:

Was that cab raised simply to pack a couple more on top.?

Guess so mate, can’t really think of any other reason?

IMG_7824.JPG