Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

I thought I recognised the Cedar Cafe, but thought I would check with Google and having confirmed it went back to show off, only to find that hovering over the picture gave me the location. :astonished: :unamused:

Had a few good nights out there before I packed up, nice and quiet in the night and good grub. The first time I planned to stop, on my way to Fife, wasn’t sure I could make in time to eat from Newhaven so rang to ask the times. No problem was the reply, give us a ring when you know when you will arrive and we’ll save you some dinner. Refreshing service these days.

As it happened I was not late, nor the next time when it was Angouleme to Inverness. :smiley:

High St, Glasgow taken in 1955.

Photo from the Burrell collection.

Glasgow High St 1955.jpg

Dennis Javelin:
High St, Glasgow taken in 1955.

Photo from the Burrell collection.

Nice shots, A Superpoise Commer, & A OB Bedford, Thanks for posting these great motors, Regards Larry.

servo cracking photos thanks for sharing cheers Ray :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

69276A90-917D-4606-BFF4-EA252336E2A0.jpeg
567574A5-8282-4E71-AAD1-4A10A57011DA.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

Well done Dan’l for showing your support for the annual Poppy Appeal ! :smiley: :wink: Cheers Denz’l

Hi , Servo, Nice to see you back on Truck Net, Great photos, The Hymass ones Is this the old Quernhow Cafe site, :question: , Regards Larry.

BUT trolleybuses with either Weymann or Crossley bodies.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi , Servo, Nice to see you back on Truck Net, Great photos, The Hymass ones Is this the old Quernhow Cafe site, :question: , Regards Larry.

Good to be back on Larry, them pic’s were taken at their old Yard regards Gordon

Leyland600:
BUT trolleybuses with either Weymann or Crossley bodies.

More likely to be Metro-Cammell as they built most of the Glasgow fleet prior to 1955. Crossley started supplying Glasgow from 1957 onwards.

Edit: Did a bit of digging and found an excellent site if anyone is interested in Glasgow trolleybuses trolleybus.co.uk/tbusnet.htm

It would seem that it is indeed a Weymann body delivered in 1953 but the chassis is a Sunbeam not B.U.T. Part of a batch of 20 with the bodies being split between Alexander’s (fleet no’s TG1-5 - the only trolleybus bodies that they ever built it seems) and Weymann (fleet no’s TG6-20) with the G standing for Guy Motors. The lack of white stripe in the lower panels identifies it as a Weymann so well done Leyland 600.

servo88:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Good to be back on Larry, them pic’s were taken at their old Yard regards Gordon

Yes Larry.Their new yard is on the old Quernhow Cafe site,side of the A6005 which I use quite often rather than A1M which it runs parallel with.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Well done Dan’l for showing your support for the annual Poppy Appeal ! :smiley: :wink: Cheers Denz’l

Thank you Denz’l :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Thank you Denz’l :sunglasses:

A Josh Punchard Renault passed me yesterday Dan with a load of bricks i couldn’t get near him with my plodding MAN but he came off the A1 at the same junction as i did heading towards S Ellmsall

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the ‘Pink Pigs’ (a six wheeler) was heading towards Mansfield on monday afternoon when I was heading home from Sleaford, you can’t move around here without seeing a Punchard or three and I think they are trying for World Dominance? :open_mouth: Happen a good job that Bewick Transport packed up when they did, the Punchard empire would soon have swallowed them up and then employed ROF (because he works very cheaply!) to sort out their sheeting and roping! :wink:

Pete.