Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Which one in the shot are you then Dennis ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well Buzzer the one on the right looks as though he lives to eat and the poor lad on the left looks as though he gets fed only on scraps! :unamused: I will leave you to work out which one was the gaffer. :wink:

Just edited to say to Dennis that I know it is father and son in the pic, and the poor lad later suffered badly from the effects of WW1. :cry:

Pete.

Los Angeles 1930 a carriage pulled over by a police motorcycle for exceeding the speed limit, Buzzer

windrush:

Buzzer:

Well Buzzer the one on the right looks as though he lives to eat and the poor lad on the left looks as though he gets fed only on scraps! :unamused: I will leave you to work out which one was the gaffer. :wink:

Just edited to say to Dennis that I know it is father and son in the pic, and the poor lad later suffered badly from the effects of WW1. :cry:

Pete.

Thanks for the edit Pete ! My Great Aunt Dorothy, Thomas’s youngest Daughter, told me all about the tragedy of what the loss meant to the family as the Old man just lost the will to carry on once his Son John passed away. They had by all accounts built up quite an operation for the times but as there was no one left to carry on ( Women/Daughters weren’t considered in those days !) Thomas sold out “lock stock” to the N. E. Railway Co. and he lived out his days in retirement with his eldest Daughter’s family, my Grandmother, who had married a Blacksmith. The younger Daughter married a printer who spent all his working life at the Newcastle Journal. I would have loved to have travelled back in time and seen what went on ! Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:
Los Angeles 1930 a carriage pulled over by a police motorcycle for exceeding the speed limit, Buzzer

Using an ostrich now because his big hen’s gone.
Bernard

Bewick:

windrush:

Buzzer:

Pete.

Thanks for the edit Pete ! My Great Aunt Dorothy, Thomas’s youngest Daughter, told me all about the tragedy of what the loss meant to the family as the Old man just lost the will to carry on once his Son John passed away. They had by all accounts built up quite an operation for the times but as there was no one left to carry on ( Women/Daughters weren’t considered in those days !) Thomas sold out “lock stock” to the N. E. Railway Co. and he lived out his days in retirement with his eldest Daughter’s family, my Grandmother, who had married a Blacksmith. The younger Daughter married a printer who spent all his working life at the Newcastle Journal. I would have loved to have travelled back in time and seen what went on ! Cheers Dennis.

That’s ok Dennis, I remembered reading the story in Bob Tuck’s book so added that before any innocent but possibly ‘hurtful’ comments were posted by folk who didn’t know. No malice meant by my original comment though.

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

windrush:

Buzzer:

Pete.

That’s ok Dennis, I remembered reading the story in Bob Tuck’s book so added that before any innocent but possibly ‘hurtful’ comments were posted by folk who didn’t know. No malice meant by my original comment though.

Pete.

He’s got thick skin, Pete- he was a haulier!
Thinking about the suggestion of a “Twin 8-pot”, I can’t wait for the day when “SOMEONE” demands a rear three quarters view of the ten extra cylinders poking out from under the cab!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He may well have been a haulier ROF but like the ones we both worked for he is (almost) human as well! :laughing: Actually I was thinking more along the lines of two eight potters side by side for the eagerly awaited ‘super truck’, both Ford and Bedford managed it and I’m sure that his partner, Donald Stokes ‘lovechild’ Carryfast, will get his pencil, slide-rule and tri-square out of his satchel and do some calculations. That assuming they still allow him to use sharp objects like pencils of course? :unamused: Then again, how about a Foden 12 cylinder two stroke marine engine, that will fulfill CF’s desire of two strokes, the engines are ‘handed’ so easy to access the oily bits plus of course you will hear it coming from ten miles distant so there should be a clear road ahead of it?

Pete.

Thanks to Bewick and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: .
Had a google at Ecurie Les Trapadelles and find it is a club for vintage race car enthusiasts, the mechanics of this “bus” are Citroen, all credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily

Secure load of fence panels, all credit to Eddie(eastleighbusman) for the photo.
Oily

TKN eastleighbusman 50088597413_b21f8ef82a_k.jpg

This one from the BedfordAl collection, looks to be held in place with a wide mesh net.
Oily

TKN Highland BedfordAl 21219339544_b6ab4332d3_o.jpg

Eyecatcher, all credit to Rab Lawrence for the photo.
Oily

TKN Rab 50289262772_c75b11c47e_k.jpg

pv83:
Meanwhile back in the day…

What really frightens me is the width (or narrowness?) od the wheels! The device to load what seems to be an iron pipe is simple and clever; just takes a little more time than a fork elevator. Just think that, todays, sand is still loaded in 6-wheelers with hand shovesl on some African beaches! I saw that on the French TV recently.

Corona Soft Drinks KM and a new Harp Lager (S&N Breweries) tanker. The tanker looks like either a Lynx or Super Comet and is standing at the Three Mile Inn just north of Gosforth on what was the A1 out of Newcastle

Tyneside

KM Corona.jpg

Just having a quick look on the NA3T website and came across this, now that is some air deflector!!

JLC00334-02.jpg

Froggy55:

pv83:
Meanwhile back in the day…

What really frightens me is the width (or narrowness?) od the wheels! The device to load what seems to be an iron pipe is simple and clever; just takes a little more time than a fork elevator. Just think that, todays, sand is still loaded in 6-wheelers with hand shovesl on some African beaches! I saw that on the French TV recently.

I thought that by now, most of the African countries had suitable working gear now, as a lot of second hand diggers, wheel loaders and the likes, were and still are being exported to Africa.

jshepguis:
Just having a quick look on the NA3T website and came across this, now that is some air deflector!!

Mighty interesting combination! And what to think of the chassis of that Volvo :open_mouth:

oiltreader:
Eyecatcher, all credit to Rab Lawrence for the photo.
Oily

Is that an example of what the youngsters would call “old school/skool” Oily? :wink:

Nostalgic pic of the week…? :wink:

118779083_1930171507123770_1053421652072768480_n.png

pv83:
Nostalgic pic of the week…? :wink:

I drove past that spot last week as it is close by to Bishopton cemetery. Next time I’m down I’ll try and take a picture for comparison and post it.

jshepguis:

I think it’s a blast baffler. He’s probably carrying explosives or nuclear waste :wink: