Parking on private estate

What’s the legal situation about parking on private estates.

Basically am.parked up on kingstown estate carlisle.
But where im.parked is a small side estate sign saying this is private property.
I parked here once before about 6 months ago only because I had a collection from a unit on the estate. In the morning. Was nice and quiet. So decided park here again.
Parked up at 6ish no double yellow lines. No barriers to get in or out. Just a sign private property cctv in operation.
My point is been here since 6ish about once an hour see a security van driving round.
This time at 9 30 he stops opens his widow says no overnight parking private property.
I tell him no sign to say no parking .no lines.
He gets irate says have to move I refuse tell him I started at 4 am.
Then he says well your be kept awake all night and woke up. Then he mentioned something about I’ll be wheelclamped if I don’t move on…
Not sure if he’s just all talk

But where do I stand legally if do end up clamped.
As only sign on entry says private property.
Nothing about being clamped or tiickets issued …no yellow lines. Was few cars parked up but theve all gone now.

If you’re…

Confident about there being no warnings up about parking there then, I can’t see how you can be clamped.

Threatening to keep you awake all night is a childish thing to do. If that actually happens, take the number of his van and film him doing it. That might discourage him.

askthe.police.uk/Content/Q528.htm

Sleep well.

They have purges on there every now and again, I have heard of drivers getting tickets there,…sorry mate.
As for clamping, is it not illegal to do so now?
The only signs saying ‘No overnight parking’ are behind Greggs and Screwfix, they may say they apply for the entire estate, I don’t know.

Why don’t you get in first, try ringing the law and tell them some wannabe copper knob, dressed in a black uniform has threatened you, and intends to regularly interrupt your daily rest, with all the dangerous implications that brings… who knows, they may have a word with this prat.
If it had been me I would maybe have moved, not because of what he said, I would not sleep, I’d be lying awake all night just waiting for him to disturb me :imp: …and I would more than likely get myself into bother if I got out at him. :bulb:
Next time you’re in Carlisle, pm me and I’ll put you on to a couple of parking spots.

Well I ended up having a good night’s sleep. And didn’t find myself clamped or with a ticket…
So was all good in the end

edd1974:
Well I ended up having a good night’s sleep. And didn’t find myself clamped or with a ticket…

The other trick is tell them you are delivering there in the morning, you just need to wave some “notes” about, and that normally sends them packing, obviously you need to drop into the convo that the customer has requested you park outside for “safety” as they have very good mobile patrols, this gives “canteen medals” a sense of achievement and off he wobbles :wink:

edd1974:
Well I didn’t find myself clamped or with a ticket…

Clamping is definitely illegal
As for the ticket, the parking invoice maybe in the post in the next few weeks, and they have 6 years to pursue you if they decide to do so, which could result in a CCJ against you and your credit rating IF you ignore the correspondence that they might send you

peirre:

edd1974:
Well I didn’t find myself clamped or with a ticket…

Clamping is definitely illegal
As for the ticket, the parking invoice maybe in the post in the next few weeks, and they have 6 years to pursue you if they decide to do so, which could result in a CCJ against you and your credit rating IF you ignore the correspondence that they might send you

And so the chronic overnight parking shortage continues, and is used to the local council’s advantage.
When you read that it is just wrong on so many levels.
A driver is taking his compulsory rest on an… INDUSTRIAL EST, ffs! after a day’s work, doing no harm or causing anybody any interference, or problems, in a country where parking facilities for taking that rest are totally (and deliberately) inadequate and scarce.

So instead of just leaving him alone, he is harassed threatened, and urged to break the law, or risk getting a heavy fine by some council employed lacky full of his own (non) importance.

So then he presumably does not get his proper rest, wondering what this ■■■■ is going to do through the night, and the fear of getting clamped or a ticket.
Then just to put the cap on it, he’s expecting to be used as a revenue opportunity, (and if he works for a firm like mine, be expected to pay for it out of his wages)…and all this is deemed acceptable to the powers that be, to be part of the job.
Who tf in their right minds would want to come into this ■■■■ job today eh? :unamused:

i think the blame lies with geoff bell the demise for not putting strippers on and letting the local enthusiastic slappers have the run of the place anymore… :slight_smile:

Place is an absolute disgrace Rob, sadly can’t see it changing soon, too many want goods delivered by magic carpet ffs.

dieseldog999:
i think the blame lies with geoff bell the demise for not putting strippers on and letting the local enthusiastic slappers have the run of the place anymore… :slight_smile:

It’s just a glorified Stobart depot now. :neutral_face:

Black grease off the 5 th wheel dob some on reg plate job done let em stick the tickets on .
Done it loads me self never had an issue .
Like that dcpc course licence protection I think it was called .

Punchy Dan:
Black grease off the 5 th wheel dob some on reg plate job done let em stick the tickets on .
Done it loads me self never had an issue .
Like that dcpc course licence protection I think it was called .

I’ve made the letter ‘P’ into an ‘R’ before with a bit of black insulation tape when parked up in a place where this busybody type fanny was photographing parked trucks (near the old dock gate outside the boozer at Avonmouth village) and sending the pic to the Police. :unamused:
So if it was checked, that particular reg truck was in Aberdeen or somewhere, while I was parked in Avonmouth. :sunglasses:
You have to take on these ■■■■.s and win.

robroy:
So instead of just leaving him alone, he is harassed threatened, and urged to break the law, or risk getting a heavy fine by some council employed lacky full of his own (non) importance.

I believe the OP stated it was a private estate and a private rent a cop security patrol

peirre:

robroy:

I believe the OP stated it was a private estate and a private rent a cop security patrol

Really don’t know mate (nor care tbh) but as far as I know Catrlisle city council own that estate…, if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up. :neutral_face:

i Did park round at the old stobart depot , but since the foods been free at truck stop I park there , cheese on toast is a bit soggy & they don’t always cut the sausages in half , but it’s free so can’t really complain

By Harold! Sire.King Urien and his son and successor Owain became the subjects of a great deal of Arthurian legend. Their capital has been identified as the Cair Ligualid.

This is my Scotland, you Sire are inneth my free path and this warning to get out of my lands with clamp and sickle comes before my men bring umbrage and take thy clamp and insert it up to the knuckle!

If anyone knows was where DPD is.
Look a like a newish added on part to the estate turn off a roundabout into the estate.
All.there is is a sign private property operated by kingsmoor.
Was some private white fiesta driving aroind with some kind of security bod in it…

Was cars parked on road I parked up and that was that.
As say keep myself to myself all rubbish goes in trailer in.find a bin. Doing no harm.to anyone so I can’t see the issue really

Was there a sign similar to the ones on supermarket car parks ‘‘you are entering into a contract by parking here blah blah blah’’ for example parking eye? If not then they have no durisdiction at all. knowyourparkingrights.org/News/faq

express.co.uk/finance/perso … g-fines-uk Just putting a sign up saying private estate no parking, just wouldnt stand up.

edd1974:
If anyone knows was where DPD is.
Look a like a newish added on part to the estate turn off a roundabout into the estate.
All.there is is a sign private property operated by kingsmoor.
Was some private white fiesta driving aroind with some kind of security bod in it…

Was cars parked on road I parked up and that was that.
As say keep myself to myself all rubbish goes in trailer in.find a bin. Doing no harm.to anyone so I can’t see the issue really

Kingmoor park est, and Kingstown est, although basically all one,.are two separate estates.

shullbit:
Was there a sign similar to the ones on supermarket car parks ‘‘you are entering into a contract by parking here blah blah blah’’ for example parking eye? If not then they have no durisdiction at all. knowyourparkingrights.org/News/faq

express.co.uk/finance/perso … g-fines-uk Just putting a sign up saying private estate no parking, just wouldnt stand up.

That’s my point it didn’t say no parking

All it had was a nice looking sign with an emblem on saying private land/ estate.
Told work anyway if a ticket was to be issied they should Appeal. Don’t pay it.