parking ticket

Hi all. This is the first time iv ever known that you can get done for parking in a industrail estate overnight. I got a ticket last night at carlisle at kingstown ind est by a civil enforcement officer ( renta cops ). I just dont understand it. Plus never known it too happen anywhere else.
Now i have a ticket so who pays it? Me or the boss man cheers

It is not a fine, it is a speculative invoice, and nobody has to pay it.

Generally you are safe to ignore it, although you can go through the appeals process if you want (I always do this because it wastes their time and money whereas it doesn’t cost me anything), if you want more information on how to do this, search for POPLA in the search box on this site.

Think you are referring to a private parking charge .
at the moment I am on holiday in India and is late and I’m too ■■■■■■ to give thethe correct info but some one more on the ball will give you better info so
At this point all I can day is you properly don’t need to pay it at all

If it’s from a local council,appeal.

If it’s not, keep it but do nothing and tell your office to do nothing either.

I stand to be corrected but I believe a Civil enforcement officer works on behalf of the council in which case,unfortunately, the ticket stands.
There a quite a lot of no overnight parking ind.areas around the UK which are council patrolled and enforced. West Thurrock springs to mind along with most of London’s ind areas. Even where there are no yellow lines you will probably find that somewhere along theway you will have passed a circular 6pm to midnight and midnight to 8am parking ban sign.
Seek advice as to whether it’s a private invoice (ignore it) or a council ticket (ignore it at your peril).

I have parked on that estate twice last year. In the little layby next to Mc donalds. No bother.

Kingstown is covered with signs saying no overnight parking and double yellow lines!

FLIP:
I stand to be corrected but I believe a Civil enforcement officer works on behalf of the council in which case,unfortunately, the ticket stands.
There a quite a lot of no overnight parking ind.areas around the UK which are council patrolled and enforced. West Thurrock springs to mind along with most of London’s ind areas. Even where there are no yellow lines you will probably find that somewhere along theway you will have passed a circular 6pm to midnight and midnight to 8am parking ban sign.
Seek advice as to whether it’s a private invoice (ignore it) or a council ticket (ignore it at your peril).

If it has the exact words “Penalty Charge Notice” on it then it is a fine and has to be paid. If it has a similar but not exact combination of words on it, then it isn’t and it doesn’t.

Davy85:
Hi all. This is the first time iv ever known that you can get done for parking in a industrail estate overnight. I got a ticket last night at carlisle at kingstown ind est by a civil enforcement officer ( renta cops ). I just dont understand it. Plus never known it too happen anywhere else.
Now i have a ticket so who pays it? Me or the boss man cheers

Did you actually ask them why they were are issuing it? I am really interested in this thread. They would make a stack of money on the side roads of the Stockyard :slight_smile:

Pretty sure there is an overnight 7.5t parking restriction

I saw a knob head flying about on a moped giving tickets out on brackmills in Northampton a while ago,i noticed it now only allows you 3 hr to park on the estate.
This was through the day he was ticketing a couple of stobarts night trampers.
What I found annoying is in the truck stop news paper Northampton council are reporting a huge drop in hgv crime on the brackmills estate and praising the people making it happen,basically they have just banned parking overnight :imp:

Did you have your lights on?

There was a sign right outside a car dealership and i thought it was from that bit up was the no parking to 7.5ton parking plus if it has the council print on it i would have paid more attention. Rather than looking like a homemade stuck in a advert board.
Na i was in my bed then i noticed two flashes.
I was out of working time and out of driving time. Its just typical to pick on the drivers. Why dont all these councils provide free parking rather than resorting to these things. Utter ■■■■■■■■ i say

That estate has a nighttime parking restriction on it so it’ll be from the council.

Snowgo:
That estate has a nighttime parking restriction on it so it’ll be from the council.

Ah ok.

Harry is spot on but a lot of firms pay it and just deduct it from the employee.

So if you obey the law, and park some where sensible, when you have absolutely maxed your hours and driving time, you are still liable for the ticket. ?

Davy85:
There was a sign right outside a car dealership and i thought it was from that bit up was the no parking to 7.5ton parking plus if it has the council print on it i would have paid more attention. Rather than looking like a homemade stuck in a advert board.
Na i was in my bed then i noticed two flashes.
I was out of working time and out of driving time. Its just typical to pick on the drivers. Why dont all these councils provide free parking rather than resorting to these things. Utter ■■■■■■■■ i say

Why should the council provide free parking it’s your firms truck let them sort out parking or make sure your home each night.

Every council should have an obligation to provide somewhere for trucks to park up for the night for a reasonable charge. In fact, I believe they once did, back in the days when we were allowed to park overnight in otherwise empty town centre car parks. Between 6pm and 8am a lot of car parks were free and open to lorries, and I don’t see any reason why this state of affairs coouldn’t have continued. Instead, many places stopped allowing trucks to park up overnight and we all had to go off and park in laybys and on indutrial estates.

thing is there are 2 truck stops 1 on the ind est and the other just off 44 carlisle truckstop so id imagine the councils view is there is ample suitable parking provided ■■■■ i know