parking ticket

Rhythm Thief:
Every council should have an obligation to provide somewhere for trucks to park up for the night for a reasonable charge. In fact, I believe they once did, back in the days when we were allowed to park overnight in otherwise empty town centre car parks. Between 6pm and 8am a lot of car parks were free and open to lorries, and I don’t see any reason why this state of affairs coouldn’t have continued. Instead, many places stopped allowing trucks to park up overnight and we all had to go off and park in laybys and on indutrial estates.

Maybe it had to stop because of the mess they where making

mac12:

Yes, probably. Usual case of a minority spoiling it for aeveryone else. Never seems to lead to restrictions on car parking though, does it? I’ve seen plenty of morons thoughtlessly chucking Maccy D packaging out of car windows.

Rhythm Thief:

mac12:

Yes, probably. Usual case of a minority spoiling it for aeveryone else. Never seems to lead to restrictions on car parking though, does it? I’ve seen plenty of morons thoughtlessly chucking Maccy D packaging out of car windows.

most Maccy D’s tend to have their car parks covered in there crap till the day shift comes in to clear it up, :unamused:

Born Idle:
Kingstown is covered with signs saying no overnight parking and double yellow lines!

nope! :sunglasses: it actually states 7.5tonne zone at junction 44 as you head to the lights at McDonalds! :smiley: and around the estate! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: DON’T RESPOND! :wink:

But its crap though isn’t it. Being ticketed the price of a hotel.

If it’s a council ticket the only way to try and win is to pay it then appeal after ,if you don’t pay they increase the amount and refuse appeals .

Kerching!

cliffton 27:
thing is there are 2 truck stops 1 on the ind est and the other just off 44 carlisle truckstop so id imagine the councils view is there is ample suitable parking provided [zb] i know

one of them has just closed down

They put a limit on lay bys too. Due to drivers leaving litter. commercialmotor.com/latest-n … ia-lay-bys

Dan Punchard:
If it’s a council ticket the only way to try and win is to pay it then appeal after ,if you don’t pay they increase the amount and refuse appeals .

Normally, if you start the appeal process the fine is locked onto the lower rate, until they respond.
Appealing again normally locks the lower rate, until all appeal options are spent.

If you pay first,normally no appeal is possible.

Noticed something new at southampton services yesterday.foreign plate truck parked with what looked like a parking ticket and along side it was a tatty blue skoda. Two up waiting. Came back from walk to find they seemed to be dealing with paperwork and ticket was not on screen. Looked suspect but couldnt be sure.so keep an eye out.

mickyblue:

cliffton 27:
thing is there are 2 truck stops 1 on the ind est and the other just off 44 carlisle truckstop so id imagine the councils view is there is ample suitable parking provided [zb] i know

one of them has just closed down

tbh im not surprised as one was just a bit of waste ground with a fence were as carlisle has full facilitys

Harry Monk:
It is not a fine, it is a speculative invoice, and nobody has to pay it.

Generally you are safe to ignore it, although you can go through the appeals process if you want (I always do this because it wastes their time and money whereas it doesn’t cost me anything), if you want more information on how to do this, search for POPLA in the search box on this site.

Of course it costs you money you pay taxes dont you ?

JJ192:

Harry Monk:

Generally you are safe to ignore it, although you can go through the appeals process if you want (I always do this because it wastes their time and money whereas it doesn’t cost me anything), if you want more information on how to do this, search for POPLA in the search box on this site.

Costs no extra though. Since you’ve paid taxes for it, you might as well use it.

Rhythm Thief:

JJ192:

Harry Monk:

Costs no extra though. Since you’ve paid taxes for it, you might as well use it.

There is that lol