Old Plants drivers

Any old boys from Plants for Service, Macclesfield still around, I was on there from 1968 -1980, 4 leg 5 pot Gardener until 1972 then 180 Gardener unit, then 240 Gardener unit before finally finishing on a B series unit? Have lived in South Devon since 1976 but still worked for Plants.

Plants of Macc ( not my photo )

Hell, GBF 735N was my old unit. Where did you find that photo?

The picture was taken by Joe Sullivan now in the collection belonging to ekawrecker and its on page 26 of his flicker site.

Thanks for that info John, have you ever heard of any old Plants drivers? I left Torbay in 1993 after selling a business I’d set up after leaving Plants in 1980 and went to live in Queensland Australia in early retirement, did a bit of agency work on “B” doubles, thought 40 footers were big until I got there. Came back to Torbay a few years ago (missing wearing long trousers) Did find one driver on line,who had the twin to my unit, but never heard if any others were around. Thanks for your replies.
Regards
Martyn Salt

we had gbf 736n at bowies great motor stolen in London we also had kma 639 and 640l also omb 126l