Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Hiya ,
Many happy returns Larry have a great day and another excuse to give the
malts some wellie, Ah’ but I hear you say, did we ever need an excuse :laughing: :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired.

Well I would like to thank you all for my birthday wishes, And I had a good celerbration, Had Wine, Whiskey & a nice weekend at Scarboro with my good lady, Had a bit boogey & a good laugh plus the sun was shining, We went on the Steam Train Whitby to Pickering return trip & we both enjoyde it better than driving these days, The Glenmorangies went down a treat but it took three goes to get the bottle empty :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Im looking forward to the next one,Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well I would like to thank you all for my birthday wishes, And I had a good celerbration, Had Wine, Whiskey & a nice weekend at Scarboro with my good lady, Had a bit boogey & a good laugh plus the sun was shining, We went on the Steam Train Whitby to Pickering return trip & we both enjoyde it better than driving these days, The Glenmorangies went down a treat but it took three goes to get the bottle empty :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Im looking forward to the next one,Regards Larry.

Wasn’t you that put all the windows in and wrecked the inside of the carriages on the Downton Abbey train while you were celebrating, was it?

Postal:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Wasn’t you that put all the windows in and wrecked the inside of the carriages on the Downton Abbey train while you were celebrating, was it?

Now would I do anything like that :astonished: Me being a wagon driver, :laughing: I did see it mind you & its in a real state, I hope the get the ■■■■■ that did it , Plus they left allsorts of rubbish inside these lovley carriages, It will cost a lot of money to put them right, Regards Larry.

Couple of shots taken when we sold up in 1988

Few more Leylands

Great photos Tyneside, The blue Leyland Road Train looks like one of old Alfie Horns, Your old dad had a fine fleet of British Made stuff, Thanks for posting them, Regards Larry.

Forgot to say Happy Birthday Larry. Have you ever tried Glengoyne whisky, the 14 yr old is my favourite tipple.

A lot of people thought we were mad to stick with Leyland and we were often nearly tempted away. Jim Bell from Bell Trucks was a frequent visitor to the yard. We did have a DAF in the mid seventies but that was a bad experience. For the type of work we did the Leyland Bison and then the Constructor were the best. We usually bought two new chassis a year.

Tyneside

tyneside:
Forgot to say Happy Birthday Larry. Have you ever tried Glengoyne whisky, the 14 yr old is my favourite tipple.

A lot of people thought we were mad to stick with Leyland and we were often nearly tempted away. Jim Bell from Bell Trucks was a frequent visitor to the yard. We did have a DAF in the mid seventies but that was a bad experience. For the type of work we did the Leyland Bison and then the Constructor were the best. We usually bought two new chassis a year.

Tyneside

Hi Tyneside, I visited the Glengoyne Disstillery some years ago I bought a couple of bottles cant remember what they were but they were very nice indeed, Speaking of Leylands we had 6 & had very few probs with them The Clydesdales had a head gasket a couple of times but the did their job, The Roadtrain was a great bit of gear with the RR 300 T engine & the 9 speed fuller box we ran it for 7 years, John Arthur from Throckley bought it & ran it for 3 years,Regards Larry.

Happy Birthday Larry, Glad you enjoyed your weekend away. What a shame those vandals wrecked those valuable old railway coaches, saw it on the news last night, according to Look North tonight they have arrested two 17 year olds and expect to lift some more.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Just logged on ! So I will join all the other Lads in wishing you a very Happy Birthday Larry and many of them still to come ( as well as many Drams :wink: ) All the Best and Kind Regards Dennis.

Bewick:
Just logged on ! So I will join all the other Lads in wishing you a very Happy Birthday Larry and many of them still to come ( as well as many Drams :wink: ) All the Best and Kind Regards Dennis.

Thanks again to all for wishing me a happy birthday, But you all know as the old saying goes another year older and deeper in debt, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: , Regards Old Larry. :wink: :wink:

Cash NO Cheques and paper money only in a brown envelope inside the birthday card Thank You ! :wink:

Bewick:
Cash NO Cheques and paper money only in a brown envelope inside the birthday card Thank You ! :wink:

BIG, Envelopes with £50.00 Notes only, But dont put too many in because they weigh them at the Post Office, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry. Hic Hic.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

BIG, Envelopes with £50.00 Notes only, But dont put too many in because they weigh them at the Post Office, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry. Hic Hic.

What’s a £50 note Larry ? I just thought that the biggest note was a £5 one :open_mouth: Well that’s what Anne tells me each 1st of the month when she doles one out for me pocket money eh! Well you learn summat every day :cry: :cry: Dennis. PS and if I have owt left from the previous months fiver I have to give her the change :cry: :cry: :cry:

kevmac47:

jmc jnr:
Many Happy Returns Larry, carefull plucking that guitar after a dram or two! Jim.

Nothing to worry about there Jim. Larry is a very experienced PLUCKER!!! :imp: :imp: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No time for the old guitar, Just a little bit boogey, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

jmc jnr:
Many Happy Returns Larry, carefull plucking that guitar after a dram or two! Jim.

Nothing to worry about there Jim. Larry is a very experienced PLUCKER!!! :imp: :imp: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No time for the old guitar, Just a little bit boogey, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Regards Larry.

Hiya,
Larry if I ventured onto a dancefloor now at my time of life,
I’ve never danced a step in my life, so it would be a first.
thanks harry, long retired

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

jmc jnr:

Smooth as a Chocolate egg ! :unamused: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

sorry to report maurice jarvis cb handle super sausage who used to organise the geordie truckers show at witton castle in years gone by passed away last friday,i am sure some of you on here would have known him r.i.p.maurice really nice bloke