Old Firms in Oxford Area

BigG-Unit:
Think we got our wires crossed somewhere here Jakey! I wasn’t ever on J Curtis, sorry if I gave that impression. I was only asking about Toshboy’s post, as I never knew of Curtis’ running out of Banbury. I do remember them down Botley though & that would have been later than that time. Hope Toshboy can throw some light on it.

Hi BigG- Unit ,
To reflect , I only ever noticed the tippers and low loaders at Botley , where the carriers parked I don’t know except Pressed Steel.
We (on brs) would get lifts to Oxford with them or Hardings from Ryton on nights out if time was up :wink: :wink: toshboy

Another Timbmet ERF you might know Toddy2.
Oily

How many full stops does that tank hold Andrew ■■
Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
How many full stops does that tank hold Andrew ■■
Cheers, Leyland 600

Will just go n count em 1 2 3 4 5… got bored of that already but quite a few lol

Hi Jakey,

The H & M pics are great remember shipping out every week from Southampton with their drivers, Alfie,Colin,and Jock,good old days.

Regards
Richard

In regard to Timbmet does anyone remember a driver named John Beasley and is he still around?

JAKEY:

Hi JAKEY ,nice nostalgic pic ,are those GUYs Howard Tenens ,they had a depot on Newport docks ,regardsKeith

Hello Keith , No they are H AND M Transport , last picture on the gates at Unipart House,Cowley

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey brilliant pic been thru there a couple of times :unamused: I counted 9 lol

David Einig has ceased trading, employees gone unpaid. For those on FB it’s found on Spotted Thame page.

Donny ByPass earlier this month, lasting well.
Oily

Oxford Richard Sept 2019 48716075353_46246ea328_rs k.jpg

Donny Bypass 2019, all credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Oxford Richard 50253961728_908a82a07b_k.jpg

Oxford Richard 2019 50371500722_6070a8cde1_k.jpg