One firm ill never forget

Overland Transport (Witton)

Mainly forklift transport, big old DAF 2500 (?) units and stepframe tilt trailers, some of which they built themselves

After DAF-aid in Europe welded an axle hubnut on a ROR axle they used to do their own european breakdowns!

Got sold to Howard Tennen’s and moved to Wellesbourne about 20 years ago

They used to have a base in Kilmarnock maybe that was because Hyster was in Irvine they ran a night trunk to Birmingham that was in the 60’s. Eddie.

I’d like to see pictures of those trailers if anyone has any, sounds pretty similar to this?

Bit off topic , how about this baby , Ran by Brs Oxford on the Atlet contract ,this is snapped at Brs Northampton after going through the truck wash .

dockspotter:
Overland Transport (Witton)

Mainly forklift transport, big old DAF 2500 (?) units and stepframe tilt trailers, some of which they built themselves

After DAF-aid in Europe welded an axle hubnut on a ROR axle they used to do their own european breakdowns!

Ron , I was on Atlet for Brs oxford depot ,and worked along side Howard tennens with there truck , that 2800 in the picture looks great :smiley:

JAKEY:
Bit off topic , how about this baby , Ran by Brs Oxford on the Atlet contract ,this is snapped at Brs Northampton after going through the truck wash .

BLOODY HELL RON , YOU JUST MADE MY DAY THAT WAS IANS TRUCK . :laughing:

Ron , I had the M A N 320 on Atlet sadley no pictures (m890pwl) wish I had photos .

JAKEY:
BLOODY HELL RON , YOU JUST MADE MY DAD THAT WAS IANS TRUCK . :laughing:

ha haaa did you know ian I worked with him only saw him a few weeks ago hes not changed …

The yellow roadtrain was Tonys Smiths then Tony bottos ,and when I was in the Oxford workshops I drove it on holiday relief.

Made my day :smiley:

Yes I did we were running partners on atlet and were on the cb all the time not seen him since the 90s, I lefty Atlet because they would not renew the contract and asked me to go on h/t and it was just to far to travel , whos ian on for ?

JAKEY:
Ron , I had the M A N 320 on Atlet sadley no pictures (m890pwl) wish I had photos .

When I drove for Tenens I used to do some runs for Atlet to Poland and to there French depot …

JAKEY:
Yes I did we were running partners on atlet and were on the cb all the time not seen him since the 90s, I lefty Atlet because they would not renew the contract and asked me to go on h/t and it was just to far to travel , whos ian on for ?

Ian works as a shunter for Dales at Banbury you know him easy life …lol

Yes he had a young family then ,but was keen as mustard on Atlet , I don’t recall the Daf on Atlet but do re call seeing it on the road.

That picture must of been when it was new because I an ran wheel trims the same as me , we both always polishing the trucks at Thame .

Bennets of thame were there first haulier , drivers were Jock and steve wright, then Stan green .

Thanks Ron , yep that’s Ian and I recall the other old merc , still like the big Daf though . If you see Ian say hello from “Jakey” ex Brs Oxford Atlet .

Regards Jakey