E H Bradley Swindon

Is there any one out there with photos of this company,?

Sorry no photos Steve but can remember their yard/ workshops on Okus rd.
They ran a lot of Commers and i have memories of them screaming up Kingshill as i walked home from school.
Iirc they became Man agents but dont think they ever ran any?

My old man drove for them, never seen any photos though. I will ask him if he’s got any, don’t think he will even remember driving for them, let alone if he’s got any photos, but it may be worth a go.

Hello lads,heres some stuff from Shakysteve,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Some cracking photos there.
Bubbs and steve you have come up trumps again.Do i spy a Hughes tspt of Marshgate TM behind the F7,second last pic?
Looks like YAH 92S . . which was fitted with an ally body built by Bradleys.

Blimey brings back memories, having lived in South Cerney when Bradley’s were the main employer for the area, AND indeed reconstituted stone manufacturers of the country. Some great memories walking from my house in Broadway Lane over the back field and directly into the yard at Cerney. Then went and worked for them in Cleveland Farm and finally at Okus. Still see an old OD in Swindon that has his unit in uncdercover parking on Drove Road.

Guess that would be the same firm that made the famous “Bradstone” blocks then. I have posted on other threads about when I drove for Tuckwells, early '6o’s & would cover for drivers taking cement, loose in open bins, on a Bedford flat. We ran from the cement works at Kirtlington, across country to South Cerney, a cracking little job, although it involved a lot of gear changing & was a bit dusty! :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing:

m3ter:
Blimey brings back memories, having lived in South Cerney when Bradley’s were the main employer for the area, AND indeed reconstituted stone manufacturers of the country. Some great memories walking from my house in Broadway Lane over the back field and directly into the yard at Cerney. Then went and worked for them in Cleveland Farm and finally at Okus. Still see an old OD in Swindon that has his unit in uncdercover parking on Drove Road.

Clive Potter? Used to run a Mercury in Bradleys colours,then a Maggie - last time i saw him a while back he had a Man midlift rigid.
As an aside the place in Drove rd used to be used by Goodenough removals to park a couple of their vans in.
Are Bradleys old places at Catterick and Baston still going?

Dave Walters,Brian Gray,Roger Keates,Keith Colsell,Alan Pinegar,Pete Daniels,Derek Witchell

Is this one of the same outfit-- transportphotos.com/road/photos

CX00944.jpg

:unamused: :blush:

double post :blush:

Stanfield:
Is this one of the same outfit-- transportphotos.com/road/photos

Stanfield, spot on keep um coming,Steve.

The driver standing by the Dodge OMR 248 is a young Les Probert. He sadly lost an arm a few years later, whilst operating the washing plant at South Cerney.

bubbleman:
Hello lads,heres some stuff from Shakysteve,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

and the drivers were :

Dodge ,les probert

Foden ,sam bennett

F86 ,alan pinnigar

DJB , steve bennett

The two bisons not sure

F7 , roger keates

daf in cirencester cafe not sure

F7 , big roger

F7 ECC eddie ash !!!

Steve.

Big Roger Franklin used to see him banger racing and do believe he may have had a lottery win many years ago

Sad to post that Keith Colsell ex Bradley block lorry driver died recently after a short battle with cancer. Funeral is at Kingsdown crematorium on 1st March

Sad news about Keith, grew up with him as a neighbour before knowing him at EH Bradley…