Old Firms in Oxford Area

Try again!

Magnum too!

Chris , I dont recall Abingdon transport international , :open_mouth:

Hi Jakey,
Not many people do mate, it was a spin-off from Ron Coles Transport! The slightly strange name was on account there was already a company with the initials AIT (not a transport company), so they had to go with ATI instead.

How about Thame International Transport Services? :laughing:

Can’t say I heard of them, but then it’s hard to keep abreast of all the companies!

adr:
Can’t say I heard of them, but then it’s hard to keep abreast of all the companies!

They had their knockers…

Muckaway:

adr:

They had their knockers…

And a few old swingers!! :blush: :laughing:

Hi chris , did Bushells use that f10 on there fleet then ? Thought they used Fiats and Ivecos ?

Muckaway:

…or Sutcliffe Humber International Transport Services…yes,its true!!!

David :laughing:

Muckaway:

Heard they went bust !!
cattle wagon man.

adr:
Suibbys 1st Magnum.

Spent a lot of time working on that - The air dryer canister used to break up and send dessicant round the air system :frowning: Luckily the next 2 Magnums didn’t do that.
Is Ron still about :question:

Steve

JAKEY:
Thanks BIGG, you may have seen my dads wagons , now mine Ag jacob and sons removals and storage Headington , red and silver now but they were in the old days red and black . Wish I could post pictures .
All the best , jakey

Hi JAKEY, yeah remember your dads motors, but I can’t say I knew him. Always saw them about, long time ago now though! Good to see you are carrying on the good work.
Oh! if I can help you sort out posting pictures, just give me a P.M. :wink:

Muckaway:
Don’t forget the time on the water boilers George :smiley:

That was before then Nathan, when I was a whippersnapper! I was only shovelling coal most of the time. Mind you I did have a driver who had just been made up and he used to like having a day back on the shovel which meant I did get to do a bit of driving, although no steering was involved. :laughing: I could tell you about another one who liked to go home early, but perhaps not on here! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Steve’ Yes mate Ron is still about, I called round his house & had a chat & blew the froth off a couple last week!
Regards Chris

JAKEY:
Hi chris , did Bushells use that f10 on there fleet then ? Thought they used Fiats and Ivecos ?

Hi Steve’
They must have done mate cos thats who Ron said he bought her off! As you say they did favour the Italian Stallions, Ian Highton was on for them a few years back.
Regards Chris

adr:
Hi Steve’ Yes mate Ron is still about, I called round his house & had a chat & blew the froth off a couple last week!Regards Chris

Please remember me to him next time you see him Chris - Steve from Renault Trucks Reading.
Thanks
Steve

Muckaway:
Witney Goods Yard with a James Marriott lorry loading in the background. When the line shut completely in 1970, Marriotts leased the goods yard as their main office.

Charringtons (to the left of the Goods office) took over Bernard T Frost in the '60s.

Marriotts Mount Mill, sited behind Witney goods Yard and demolished in the 80s when Witan Way was planned

witneyblanketstory.org.uk/WBP.as … and%20Sons

Found using Orange Image Search;

Anyone familiar with this outfit? :laughing:
agjacobandson.co.uk/