Not paid to do dCPC

yourhavingalarf:
Eh?..

If you’re employed by a company and doing a cpc module at your place of work and getting paid for attending that course then you’re working and should record that as a manual entry.

If you’re paying for it out of your own pocket (as most agency drivers will be doing) and not being paid by anyone to attend then, you’re not working and don’t have to record it as a manual entry.

There’s a couple I’ve seen saying they’ll do free CPC

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

I think you are lucky that the boss is paying for the course.
But you expect the boss to pay for the course & your hours while you’re sitting there??

As already mentioned, drivers responsibility.

I pay for my own being an Owner/ Driver.

Geoffo:
But you expect the boss to pay for the course & your hours while you’re sitting there??

Imagine this scenario then; you’re a fitter employed by XYZ haulage, this company run a fleet of Mercedes but have decided to change to DAF. The fitters need to go on a course to familiarise themselves with this product. In order to keep their jobs they must have this tuition. Do you think that they should pay for it themselves, or should the Co shoulder it?

the maoster:

Geoffo:

Imagine this scenario then; you’re a fitter employed by XYZ haulage, this company run a fleet of Mercedes but have decided to change to DAF. The fitters need to go on a course to familiarise themselves with this product. In order to keep their jobs they must have this tuition. Do you think that they should pay for it themselves, or should the Co shoulder it?

I understand where you’re going with this Moaster.

I guess it’s down to what contract the driver has with his employer.

The thing is Geoffo we could debate this 'till the cows come home; is training to improve your skillset the responsibility of the person receiving the training to pay for? Does the DCPC improve your skillset come to that? I’m sure that for every trade that pays its employees to attend courses there are other trades who do not. I don’t know the answer tbh, I guess that perhaps I’m lucky to work for a place that pays for courses, pays you to attend, hell they even pay for eyetests, glasses, medicals, driving licence renewals etc.

the maoster:
The thing is Geoffo we could debate this 'till the cows come home; is training to improve your skillset the responsibility of the person receiving the training to pay for? Does the DCPC improve your skillset come to that? I’m sure that for every trade that pays its employees to attend courses there are other trades who do not. I don’t know the answer tbh, I guess that perhaps I’m lucky to work for a place that pays for courses, pays you to attend, hell they even pay for eyetests, glasses, medicals, driving licence renewals etc.

You’re obviously one of the lucky ones to get everything paid for.

Very strong union mate. But that’s a separate can of worms! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My boss pays for ours and gets us fish and chips for our dinner, which I am grateful for!! end of the day it’s down to you to keep your cpc valid… :unamused:

the maoster:
Very strong union mate. But that’s a separate can of worms! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, but I guess they have their uses.

toonsy:
I’d hope it’s more than what I’m on if you’re doing nights, bearing in mind I don’t touch them. Think our night guys are £16.85p/h but they’re welcome to the extra £4.85 each hour. I’ve been away from nights too long to get back into them :laughing:

It is pretty much in that ballpark, they’re on the same money as Northampton and at Northampton they proudly advertise the fact they’re the best paying company in the area and Northampton money is a lot better than up here on the whole. We don’t get stopped breaks either, we’re paid from start to finish straight through and we also get 33 days paid holiday and free DCPC which eases the pain.

End of day I’ve mentioned it to company a few times. They know. And if the can’t or don’t organise the courses before my card runs out then tough luck. As in not driving the day after it runs out.
As it’s a legal requiment. Company said were arrange courses near the time for you on a Saturday.
If they don’t there be a driver short or ideally 10 drivers short on the day.