Northwest Trucks

Keeping this thread going I took this today while it was making a delivery to the Sunlight Laundry in Mossley Tameside.I know we have TTX on tnet could this be his motor? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anybody remember a Salford company by the name of Massey carriers? In the 70’s my dad drove a ERF 4 wheeler for them and I’m looking for pictures of the company vehicles.
Thank’s

Due to host server Fotopic going bust site now off line :frowning:

Well done Paul that’s brilliant news :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I can’t wait to see the return of a couple of old Middleton companies :wink: .

Regards Steve.

moomooland:
WE ARE BACK

Regards Paul

Thank the lord for that, it must have been those nice Jehovah witnesses that called yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

The first page I clicked on was Ken Harvey, what an amazing collection. The very first picture I looked at reminded me of the paper mill in Little Lever. I remember tipping a load of paper size and wondering how the hell I was going to get the lorry out

paulanderson.pikfu.net/set191012 … 80123.html

Great to see you back Paul, it is a good job you still had all those files cataloged and safe.

Great to see you back paul,northwest trucks has been really missed.
regards dave.

257.JPG
268.JPG

nice one paul to see the site up and running again.i think loads of people will visit your site again.rob mookhoek

Hi Paul good to see you back and a relief that all your hard work was not lost. Pickfords Heavy Haulage had a depot at Kearsley on the A 666 around a mile from the M62 junction and their biggest trailers TM 1120 & TM 1277 were based their and quite a few Scammell contractors IIRC there was more there than any other depot. There were also depot’s in Liverpool and Preston which did a lot of work for Concorde to France.
Cheers Johnnie

Does any one remember Westermans Transport they had Bull Hill Cafe at Darwin they moved to Mellor Brook I used to back load wallpaper froma pockey little factory where had to reverse down a ramp that was 1959 onwards Regards Larry

hiya,
Never see or hear anything about Fearing’s of Burnley a sizeable outfit who I did a couple of spells for in the late 50s and early 60s surely somebody must have pics they was a long established company covering the UK the first time I was there i drove an Octopus and drag on night trunk for a couple of weeks while the regular driver was on holiday I was still only 21.
thanks harry long retired.

sammyopisite:
Hi Paul good to see you back and a relief that all your hard work was not lost. Pickfords Heavy Haulage had a depot at Kearsley on the A 666 around a mile from the M62 junction and their biggest trailers TM 1120 & TM 1277 were based their and quite a few Scammell contractors IIRC there was more there than any other depot. There were also depot’s in Liverpool and Preston which did a lot of work for Concorde to France.
Cheers Johnnie

As a kid we used to watch Pickfords coming out of Walmsleys who made boilers they came out onto Crompton way (Bolton )Sometimes push and shove what a site in the early 70s .

harry_gill:
hiya,
Never see or hear anything about Fearing’s of Burnley a sizeable outfit who I did a couple of spells for in the late 50s and early 60s surely somebody must have pics they was a long established company covering the UK the first time I was there i drove an Octopus and drag on night trunk for a couple of weeks while the regular driver was on holiday I was still only 21.
thanks harry long retired.

Aye I remember Fearings Transport I used to load big reals of paper I cant think of the place I loaded but they were for TVTE Gateshead that was when I worked for Smiles for Miles good payers according to Fred Regards Larry Retired

Hiya lads,what a great site! anyone got any pics of Wild’s Motors of Altrincham? They were a very well turned out and professional old haulae firm running a mixed fleet of ERF’s Seddon Atkis and a couple of swedes thrown in . A large amount of their work was running paper reels from Liverpool to Wapping and then reloading from Convoys at Deptford deep wharf back to various northern newspapers. Other work included Devon and Cornwall multi drops and reloading from ECC at Par . I hope someone has some pics and history of this fine company

Lets get this back on page one,come on moomooland where are you these days.
transportphotos.com/road/photos
VS01742 Dickinson Transport Rossendale Dodge JTF348K.jpg

One of the READS family who moved to the Oldham area from the Forest of Dean

Anyone remeber Westermans Transport, They also had Bull Hill Cafe at Darwin, blue wagons, Bedord artic, Seddon flat,I used to load back off them, from a wallpaper factory, horse & cart place, the loading bay was down a ramp quite steep, the load had to be well cross roped before you moved otherwise it would slip backwards. The last I heard they had moved to Mellor. 50/60s era, Regards Larry