Northwest Trucks

Hi does anyone have any photos of h parkinson haulage of winery lane.im looking for one shot of something from the eighties…im struggling on the net and even parkinsons themselves have nothing.also ive attatched an image of a ex chippendales borderer i found rotting away in the bushes last weekend.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Anyone remeber Westermans Transport, They also had Bull Hill Cafe at Darwin, blue wagons, Bedord artic, Seddon flat,I used to load back off them, from a wallpaper factory, horse & cart place, the loading bay was down a ramp quite steep, the load had to be well cross roped before you moved otherwise it would slip backwards. The last I heard they had moved to Mellor. 50/60s era, Regards Larry

hiya,
Yes Larry remember Westermans I worked for the next firm along that road on a couple of occasions Walsh’s and a bit further along the same road was Dean’s I did a spell for them as well you know what they say about variety being the spice of life.
thanks harry long retired…

Aye the Westermans were nice people , The son was called ■■■■ & the old man Jim, I used to deliver bacon to Blackburn , one of the drops was Tattersals, Peter Street, Arkrights,Ayton & Hunters , Collins Ltd. all good drops, then to Bull Hill Cafe, for a breakfast, it was free If you were loading back off them, happy days 50/60s. Regards Larry

Paul (moomooland) I think this may be one of Edward Becks Fodens seen in Worcester 1965 hauling an English Electric shunting engine.can you check it out anywhere on your site and confirm it for me ? cheers. The reg is ODB793 it looks like they have just got the spelling wrong on the name.if so I can contact Bob Hobbs and he will correct it.
JM01000-12 Edward Becks Foden.jpg
transportphotos.com/road/photos

Photobucket killed this post :frowning: