Newcastle Newbie seeks info / advice etc

are they any good that tyne and wear once class two is out the way i might do class one with them

My thinking / reasoning was that I did my Class 2 in a manual & Tyne & Wear have an auto artic so Im experiencing both sides of the coin.

You couldnt write it today… I was performing a 3 point turn in a dead end when a woman driver proceeded to skirt around a moving 18 tonner, needless to say I gave her a right mouthfull! Also when performing a reverse up a slight incline a male car driver proceeded to put his foot down & just scrape past me - same mouthfull to him!! On both occassions reverse warning bleeper & hazard warning lights active.

If you want to know my story of Tyne & Wear pm me

Start Class 1 training this Friday 01 Aug at Tyne & Wear, 7 weeks after passing Class 2 (Rigids). Inbetween Ive managed to get some invaluable experience working for PalletForce out of Simpsons yard at Birtley (multi drop pallet work). This week Im aiming to register with 3 local agencys. Test date 11th Aug at Gosforth. I really dont fancy doing multi drop pallet work continuously. Also looking to book my final 7 hrs CPC training with either Chartline (Gateshead) or N E Driver CPC Training out of Sunderland. Going to do Drivers Hours / Tacho module again to try & get it into my head. The problem I found with my first session of Drivers Hours / Tacho was that it was aimed more at the experienced drivers in the classroom & not new drivers, which I accept were in the majority. It would have been more beneficial to ask for the relevant levels of experience in the room & pitched from there. I find myself driving around taking notice of different haulage companys & writing names down & then doing a bit of internet research when I get home. Also talking to other drivers from different companys to try & get any infomation I can. Onwards…

Mark have you tried chartwise on the team valley really good and so informal plus free tea coffee and water plus ■■■ breaks if you puff like a train lol. They are in the old lescost transpory building.

Tyne & Wear do the cpc as well

If you want agencies can give you some

Try Redline at Seaham 0191 516 1042 speak to Sarah

Contacting Chartwise this morning. Did my previous 7hrs CPC (Drivers Hours / Tacho) with Tyne & Wear so Ive decided to do same 7hrs with another provider who may offer a different slant on proceedings / differing learning style? - just thought it was worth the chance of a variation in teaching styles. Thanks for the advice, always open to suggestions from more experienced members. You cant buy experience, especially not in this industry!

Contacted Chartwise & they wanted £80 for a days CPC! Gone with N E Drivers CPC Training who charge £60. Think Chartwise are trying to cash in on the fact the deadline is only 6 weeks away. Needless to say they wont be getting my money!

I have gone with ugetraining £50 per day all in

Jason 07500423054

Going through to Seaham (enemy / banjo playing country) to register with RedLine Recruitment.

RedLine Recruitment = Well worth the 50m round trip. Picked u some usefull visual infomation merely looking around the office & asking a question or 2. Class 1 training starting tomorrow, looking forward to it & progressing to where I want to go / be.

Im currently registered with 2 north east agencys - Redline (Seaham) & Velocity (Sunderland). Is there any mileage in being registered with more than 1/2 agencys? Any recommends out there for local north east agencys?
Did my first days Class 1 training yesterday & I thouroughly enjoyed it. Found it easier than my comparable first days training on Class 2.

Mark500:
Im doing my training with Tyne & Wear LGV, a good local company which I checked out before parting with my redundancy cash. I dont think 2 days training in anybodys book is sufficient, what if you were to end up driving a 6 / 8 wheel tanker…? The 2 /3 instructors Ive spoken to say anywhere between 6 - 8 days is the norm. It is worth mentioning that I am doubled up with another trainee in the cab. The other lad has unfortunately come through one of those internet companys that act as a middle man & then refer you onto a local training provider ie: he is paying the same as me for 3 days as I am for 7!!
My thinking is to do my “C” (HGV2) with a manual box & then to do my “C+E” (Class1) in a vehicle with an auto box, which Tyne & Wear have. This gives me a little bit more experience & ticks a box.

i have just passed my class two today with 3 days training and test on 4th

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats…

** Passed ** my Class 1 / C + E this morning (5 minors) after training with Tyne & Wear LGV Training. Onwards to the job market door which has just cranked open alot wider… (special mention to Simon “mind the trees”, my instructor who was excellent).

Mark500:
** Passed ** my Class 1 / C + E this morning (5 minors) after training with Tyne & Wear LGV Training. Onwards to the job market door which has just cranked open alot wider… (special mention to Simon “mind the trees”, my instructor who was excellent).

congrats get ya self on the open road now :smiley:

Got a start (through an Agency) for Asda Friday coming, anyone tell me what to expect?

Mark500:
Got a start (through an Agency) for Asda Friday coming, anyone tell me what to expect?

what agency is that