New member looking for advice.

Hello!

Im a new member, looking to move into HGV driving.

Long story short i worked for a small private airline who have gone bust, While there i got my ADR as i was transporting fuel.

I was only driving a 4x4 there but loved the road and driving long distance so this seems like the one for me, im allready having trouble in a office!!!

I am really just looking for information. What is the best licence to get? is there steady work? Do you guys have a good lifestyle…

Im still learning about all this but though it would be best to ask the guys that do it!!

Thanks

Ronnie.

Well there not much work about tbh there is no driver shortage if you do go for your licence you will have to do Cat C 1st then CE depends when you passed your car test as if you have to do the initial dcpc or if you have grandfather rights

It is not cheap btw you could be talking 3k approx then you have to try to find the work if anyone will take a newbie on but you will have competition from the experienced drivers even agency are wanting experience now

Also depends on age if you are under 25 they may say no due to insurance purpose then there is that magic 2 years experience that you will need

Where I live you can expect £6.5 - £7 ph it can be very long hours and not always home at night

This is only a guide line to how things are & yes there are transport firms going bust each day as well

Welcome to the madhouse

you will also have to know this

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Some light reading for you :laughing: :laughing:

Depends where you live & the job market there

If interested you could look up your local training providers call them & have a chat go down to see therm & speak in person have a look round sit in the vehicle

Well i am in essex, But i think i am too young too do alot of it i think, Im 21 next month. But its what i want too do so ill find away. I was looking into long hall, say uk to europe but i dont even know if that sort of work is real!

I understand it will be hard ect but i cant be clock watching in a job i dont enjoy for the rest of my life!

Thants for that, im going to call companys around here and see what i can learn :smiley:

Although you can now take your test at 18 :unamused: :unamused: it may be hard to get the 1st run on ladder

Good luck with it

If you called 1 of the providers on here they may be able to offer some help & advice ( yes I have done & had some good advice form them )

Sorry cant help you with the area as a bit far from me

But yes there is EU work available as well as tramping ( long haul ) but you will have to give up any social live you have

Hiyyaaa Ronnie90, Animal has given you a good few things there to chew over, good luck & welcome :smiley:

Talking too afew companies in my area:)