New Speed Limits

JSingh:
I’ve been told even still trucks are limited to 56mph when going downhill you will most likely go over hence the Lee-way of 4mph. Otherwise we’d all be done for speeding when we go downhill.

Nowt to do with any perceived leeway mate (I say perceived as any leeway is only a guideline and is not enshrined in law), it is perfectly legal to coast downhill on any (non Scottish) m/way or d/c at 60mph where the NSL applies as the regulations state something along the lines of “any vehicle which falls under the scope of speed limiter regulations must not be capable of being POWERED to a speed in excess of 90kph”. The key word there being powered. Coasting isn’t powered.

JSingh:
I’ve been told even still trucks are limited to 56mph when going downhill you will most likely go over hence the Lee-way of 4mph. Otherwise we’d all be done for speeding when we go downhill. Also being limited to 56mph(90kph) isn’t an eco thing as the sweet spot is generally at 85kph 52mph.

Did somebody at an RDC tell you that one bud?
Must be right then.
:laughing:

My understanding is that the road limit is 60MPH but any license Installer of RSL has to set them to max 56MPH, seems daft to me, especially as a coach carrying 52 plus people can do 60 ■■