New bbc one "truckers" on the way folks

It’s got to be better than the ‘soaps’ & other rubbish the put on tv surly! When is the series to start then ?

Cold Up North:

diggerrus:
Anybody remember the truckers series in the mid eighties on bbc1? Watched it as a kid and remember a fridge breaking down and a numpty dropping a boat of a standard flat trailer… not exactly a bafta winning show but was amusing to watch at the age of 13.

Yeah, i watched that as a kid, green transcon, a merc, someone called the eggman. I have been looking for a copy of it for a couple of years.

E bay mate I got my copy a couple of months back,check out the review thread in the old time section on here it’s mentioned in that

degsy4wheels:
Wonder how long it will take Joe Public to assume all lorry drivers are like the ones in the series? Especially if dipicted in a “I’m thick, and fat and can’t do anything else” kind of light

You’ve just described abouth 60% of all truck drivers in one go!

Sidevalve:

cargocargocargo:
Whatever happened to the rumoured docusoap based on Ainscough Crane Hire?

It’s up in the air at the moment. :smiley:

Boom Boom. :smiley:

HELL DRIVERS… old film but proper truckers

cargocargocargo:

It turned out to be an Iron Fairy story. :laughing:

Anon.

cargocargocargo:

That one is supposed to be going ahead as they have already filmed some of the ainscough lads,

edwardj:

cargocargocargo:

That one is supposed to be going ahead as they have already filmed some of the ainscough lads,

I’m hooked already.

Trukkertone:
HELL DRIVERS… old film but proper truckers

Look up “Wages of Fear” too. Belter.

hitch:
re Dogfood
imdb.com/title/tt0096567/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

a bit of a CB thing as well as it had been recently legalised

and this
imdb.com/title/tt0272416/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Ive got all the Truckers episodes on DVD :smiley:

dazcapri:

Cold Up North:

diggerrus:
Anybody remember the truckers series in the mid eighties on bbc1? Watched it as a kid and remember a fridge breaking down and a numpty dropping a boat of a standard flat trailer… not exactly a bafta winning show but was amusing to watch at the age of 13.

Yeah, i watched that as a kid, green transcon, a merc, someone called the eggman. I have been looking for a copy of it for a couple of years.

E bay mate I got my copy a couple of months back,check out the review thread in the old time section on here it’s mentioned in that

I watched it when I was a kid Picard freight haul seem to remember blue and white erf,s and the bloe who dropped the boat had an American cabover

davhems:

dazcapri:

Cold Up North:

diggerrus:

I watched it when I was a kid Picard freight haul seem to remember blue and white erf,s and the bloe who dropped the boat had an American cabover

Not quite right mate the bloke who dropped the boat had a Transcon,the Mack was driven by Phil Davis your right about the ERF’s there’s also a Gardener engined Seddon Atkinson on european work. It’s all a bit corny and naff but it’s still worth a look apart from Phil Davis it also stars James Hazeldine(bayleaf London’s Burning),Daragh O’Malley(Sharpe) and Maynard Williams(Bill Greengrass Maynards son)

If you’re heading Westbound on the M62 you can see the yard they filmed it at on your left just before the Widnes junction.

wasn’t there a series called Truckers on In the early /mid '80’s ■■

If I remember correctly, one of the made-up companies was called O’Grady( with a green Merc.)…

Geoffo:
wasn’t there a series called Truckers on In the early /mid '80’s ■■

If I remember correctly, one of the made-up companies was called O’Grady( with a green Merc.)…

That’s the same one we’re talking about mate

That egg man bloke was him out of The Flying Picketts wasn’t it?

Not long since snuffed it.

PaulNowak:
That egg man bloke was him out of The Flying Picketts wasn’t it?

Not long since snuffed it.

he was played by Trevor Thomas don’t think he was in the Flying Picketts

It was Brian Hibbard who was in the Flying pickets and died last year from Prostate Cancer which he had from 2000, he often appeared in many programmes, Heartbeat etc. Truckers was looked on at the time by drivers as a not to be taken seriously comedy drama with a few hints of truth, however the RHA didn’t like the programme at all, bringing the industry into disrepute and all that clap trap, they should have taken a good look at it themselves probably nearer to the comedy than the other way around. Some of the situations in the episodes were a bit daft and could have been more realistic but that’s TV. I can’t picture Trevor Thomas’s face at the moment, I might have to dig out the article in an 80’s issue of Truck magazine about the programme.
Cheers Franky.

Sidevalve:

cargocargocargo:

It’s up in the air at the moment. :smiley:

Quality
:slight_smile:

Frankydobo:
It was Brian Hibbard who was in the Flying pickets and died last year from Prostate Cancer which he had from 2000, he often appeared in many programmes, Heartbeat etc. Truckers was looked on at the time by drivers as a not to be taken seriously comedy drama with a few hints of truth, however the RHA didn’t like the programme at all, bringing the industry into disrepute and all that clap trap, they should have taken a good look at it themselves probably nearer to the comedy than the other way around. Some of the situations in the episodes were a bit daft and could have been more realistic but that’s TV. I can’t picture Trevor Thomas’s face at the moment, I might have to dig out the article in an 80’s issue of Truck magazine about the programme.
Cheers Franky.

Wasn’t him out of the Flying Pickets the Eggman was a black guy so that rules out Brian Hibbard,your right about the daft stories Franky the guy doing European work trying to get the Mafia to kill his wife’s lover is probably the daftest