Truckers TV series

Can any one remember this?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26953

I’ve got a DVD of a documentary series called ‘Truckers’ from the mid nineties but I dont think this is the one you’re referring too? It was broadcast on Channel 5, it was video taped then someone transfered it onto DVD, it’s about 2 hours long. Not sure this is the right series as I do recall an earlier one. If anyone wants a copy pm me. No charge other than a stamp (I have hundreds of writable dvd’s :wink: ).

Tiger.

bugcos:
Can any one remember this?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26953

ive been trying to get hold of the series for years :cry:

i bought it on ebay aswell. Its famous for the Eddie Stobart interview where he, sits in a big house divorced on his own,ferrari in garage and claims truck drivers are tramps and hes just cleaning up a tramp aka your tie wearing Stobart driver :arrow_right:

I have both of these series on video…picards and the 6 programmes with a different topic every week…i think one of them is about stobarts… :wink:

Just to let those of you that asked for a copy know that I have sent out the DVD’s. Apologies for the delay but been having a few personal problems and also illness so things have been difficult. Hope you enjoy the DVD.

Tiger

Truckers was a drama series starring the late John Hazeldean as the owner of a transport company. He ran about half a dozen artics. The depot they used for filming is right on the side of the M62 westbound at Ainley Top near Huddersfield. It only lasted for one series and I think was written by Linda La Plante

schultz:
Truckers was a drama series starring the late John Hazeldean as the owner of a transport company. He ran about half a dozen artics. The depot they used for filming is right on the side of the M62 westbound at Ainley Top near Huddersfield. It only lasted for one series and I think was written by Linda La Plante

The company name was Pickards and wasnt at ainley top, it was on the M62 though.

The depot is still there at J7 near Widnes.

There was a black Mack in it too

The black Mack was driven by Phil Davies, IIRC the Mack had a set of cow horns on the front, and his character wore a cowboy hat. He seems to have gone on to corner the market in roles calling for actors to play weasly despicable characters.

I remember Truckers well, I was working in traffic at Northwest Freighters in Haydock ar the time.

The yard was Derry Bros., next to the M62 J7 as has been said, as was the Merc 1626 and the fridges used on the road I believe, don’t know whose the Seddon Atkis were. The factory scenes were all done at Kraft Foods in Kirkby, which is how we got involved, since NWF had upto a dozen stand fridges in Kraft these were used for these scenes. So the trailers for the factory scenes were not the same ones seen in the road scenes. They hired our shunter and its driver Ian Daxon for a weekend to do some moving shots, although neither ever appeared on screen.

i got it off one of the lads on here…

it was the most embrassing boring drival i had ever seen. dont get me wrong the dvd’s were good quality but the series was crap.

Did anybody watch the Outlaws series on Discovery? Think it was mid-to-late 90’s

It had a trucker show called Kings Of The Rigs and featured Graham Cordiner, Chris ‘Squeaker’ Harriot & Kay Philips.

Whatever happened to them??

Got it on VHS, must get round to dumping it onto DVD sometime.

does anybody remember “BIG WHEELS and SAILOR” this was a show about two truckers who also solved crimes and stopped crimanals using their trucks, long time ago cant realy remember.

kemaro:
does anybody remember “BIG WHEELS and SAILOR” this was a show about two truckers who also solved crimes and stopped crimanals using their trucks, long time ago cant realy remember.

I remember seeing Big wheels and Sailor around 20 years ago!!!
It featured a Ford Transcon and an Man F series trying to escape from a gang of hijackers
The drivers kids were traveling with their dads on holidays

it was a kids adventure film where the kids saved the day etc

I would love to see the film again as it showed some great action shots of the trucks :smiley: