Mitchells of Mansfield

Hey,

Does anyone have any experience with these? I noticed the place while I was training but their website doesn’t tell you much.

As a C+E driver what’s the day to day? What’s the pay like?

mitchellsofmansfield.com/

They work on a pallet network and I believe that’s the bulk of what they do. So Cat C trucks will be running around during the day picking up and delivering pallets whereas CE trucks will run at night backwards and forwards to the hub which I think is Litchfield but don’t quote me. I have also seen the bigger trucks out during the day so not all night work.

They are in the middle of a massive fleet replacement programme so some of the trucks are getting on whilst a lot are new.

Andy Mitchell is the boss; I would pick the phone up and talk to him.

I have no info about wages etc but folks tend to stay there as far as I know.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not worked for them specifically but most pallet delivery systems are the same which usually runs as…

You normally get similar number if drops to smaller trucks to same locations (think tight yards) and then collections afterwards. Generally no taillift which is good.

Nights are better as you trunk to pallet network hubs, usually one or two, which is much better.

Mitchells might be better but can’t imagine they can do it any differently due to costs.

I’ve sent them an email with my CV. Being terminally awkward I’m not fond of calling people. If it’s trunking, I’d love that.