Kay transport Willand

Hi all,

I have been offered a Cat2 job with Kay Transport today. I would love to hear from previous experience please ? Type of loads? Trucks? Company? Etc. I’m a Cat1 driver and not keen on household delivery ( otherwise I will be driving a van) but keen on anything else
Thanks

As it happens I was there today, for a shift (agency)

Really well organised, wagons all scania six wheelers, in good nick. Turned up got my run sheet most of pallets were loaded on wagon. Plenty of help from other drivers and mangers as wasn’t familiar with the area. But same as most pallet companys mix of deliverys to business’s and residential. Had one residential today rest were business. Got back at 4ish, open curtains, hand in paperwork and done for the day. pretty much all the other drivers got back at the same time so none of the runs could be too bad.

Gregory’s kept the Kay Transport company separate to run the Palletways contract. Willand is a new depot for them. You will cover TA and EX postcodes, but you will probably get your own regular ‘patch’. It’s all palletised stuff for local businesses, farms, construction sites, and bits that people buy on ebay. Could be delivering anything and everything. I did a day for them and it was a pretty relaxed affair. There’s plenty of time waiting around in the morning for the loads. I was a new driver but everyone I met was friendly and helpful. Had a reasonable day and once I was tipped had to phone in and was given a few collections to do. What the office guys don’t know about the local area isn’t worth knowing. Keep in touch on the phone as you go. It’s all new trucks, 26t Scanias, a few DAF CFs, and some little Volvo FL 4-wheelers as well.
As you go around your drops it is a good idea to get forkies to shift stuff about for you. You can predict which drops will be a tail-lift delivery. Some of this you probably already know, sorry!

Thanks you both for taking the time to respond, it’s super helpful. I have the feeling that it could be stable and hopefully progressive.

Cat 2 ■■?

Category 2 indeed

never heard of it
except for STGO cat2

Category C is called now