Missing from your truck

Roymondo:

Colingl:
I think it may have expired now, but Ford had the patent for this years AFAIK. So it would only be an option on Ford group cars or other marques they own.

They’ve been available on VW group cars since around 2005. Last time I looked VW were not owned by Ford…

Ford do have the patent for the heated wind screen with the wire mesh thru the screen .Vw Merc and others have been playing with a wiper heater at the bottom of the screen

fingermissing:
I will start I would like to see a clock that you can see at night when you wake up in the middle of the night

Easily remedied, I use my phone or ipad in a stand on dash and a night clock app

corij:
iv recently got obsessed with clipboards. and decent bulldog clips ,pens that write instantly and id like a dedicated space for it all to sit so i can read /write from it from my seat. possibly a swivel arm mount desk set up

years ago you could buy great clipboards but the current crop all bend when you press on them. iv had to make my own 1960s clipboard and am quite proud of it , managed to “age” it too

I use an aluminium one from Amazon. Not cheap but very hard-wearing

Westcott A4 Aluminium Form Holder with Inner Clipboard and Storage Compartment amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SFLB6NG/ … TAb87GABJ3

Scania…

Used to/still do(?) put a folder in above the driver.

First thing that happened was they all got nicked. Every one I ever drove had a gap where the folder should have been.

Hence fitting the thread title ‘missing from your truck’.

switchlogic:

fingermissing:
I will start I would like to see a clock that you can see at night when you wake up in the middle of the night

Easily remedied, I use my phone or ipad in a stand on dash and a night clock app

The point is there should be a clock you can see in the dark.I have had to go and buy one see below

argos.co.uk/product/1458125

I’ve got one of these, it hangs on the back panel below the top bunk.

google.fr/search?q=Clocks&s … tv-JpMyaPM:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would like all vehicles to be fitted with flashing lights that indicate which way they are going! [emoji23]

A hardwired inverter would be great.

Seat controls mounted on the inside, not the door side.

A separate locker for storing your gloves/big coat etc.

Seats that can unlatch and lean forwards so that you can open the bunk, but then snap back into the position they were last in.

Suspension up and down on a dash button not just on the remote.

A broom holder on the back of the cab.

nick2008:
Heated washers so they don’t freeze

just buy decent screen wash and they won’t freeze The company bought 2 pallets of artic blast screen wash and my jets have never frozen once even as low as -12c

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I would like all vehicles to be fitted with flashing lights that indicate which way they are going! [emoji23]

I believe BMW are considered those in their range of cars as an optional extra

toonsy:

daftvader:

toonsy:

Baggie:
Heated windscreen,fitted in most decent cars these days,why not trucks :unamused: :unamused:

Cost. Especially to replace.

Not that expensive.Just had my Fiesta one replaced.Had to pay £100.Window cover on my insurance paid the rest

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah there’s some size difference between a Fiesta and a HGV screen though.

When the Renault Magnum first came out the screen insurance was eye wateringly expensive .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What’s missing? I would like a DAB digital radio so I can listen to absolute radio 80s…but in reality I spent less than 10 hours a day in the truck so I’m not that bothered

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

msgyorkie:
DAB radio…cant believe these are not standard fits these days!

Just bought a dab receiver from Aldi for £30, works a treat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:

msgyorkie:

I saw those? Doesn’t it just plug into the 12/24V socket and you chuck the mag mounted antenna on the cab roof?.. At £30 I might give them go

4yorks:

wrighty1:

msgyorkie:

I saw those? Doesn’t it just plug into the 12/24V socket and you chuck the mag mounted antenna on the cab roof?.. At £30 I might give them go

It does just plug in 12v and the aerial has a copper part that needs to be in contact with metal (windscreen upright) plus there is a part that sticks to the windscreen next to it. Easy enough to fit.

wrighty1:

4yorks:

wrighty1:

msgyorkie:

It does just plug in 12v and the aerial has a copper part that needs to be in contact with metal (windscreen upright) plus there is a part that sticks to the windscreen next to it. Easy enough to fit.

Ah handy if you drive the same lorry all the time… I unfortunately do not

Fridge / frezen as standard

Sensible amount of 12/24v plugs

Inverter for my kettle ( don’t have tv or microwave at home so don’t think I need in cab although some units I have driver have build in microwaves )

Decent radio

Beds that you don’t have to pull out ( ie Scania )

Decent size cab with plenty locker space

Decent curtains

Decent lighting in

A table ( like MAN or Iveco )

There’s no bloody table in my MAN :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

pierrot 14:

Has it been taken out or is it just a day cab the box under the bed normally has a tase you lift up & fold out

animal:

pierrot 14:

Has it been taken out or is it just a day cab the box under the bed normally has a tase you lift up & fold out

No not a day cab and under the bed is a fridge/freezer