In-cab lights?

I was just wondering if anyone used in-cab lights during the winter months to assist with not feeling drowsy and to generally try and raise their mood? I work nights and rarely see daylight during the winter months which eventually starts to take its toll, I just wondered if anyone could share their experiences. Saw these after doing a google search, anyone know if they’re any good?

roadking.co.uk/interior-ligh … -volt.html

try a glitter ball

Don’t think I’d bother !

Probably get a few knocks on the door from the local Nancy Boys, when your parked up in a Layby!

(Don’t Blue Interior Lights mean something ?)

Those wont help, you would need a S.A.D light I reckon
lumie.com/collections/light-therapy-sad

I have a red light in place of the white reading light at the “wrong” end of the bunk. It helps keep me alert and allows a night light function to enable me to find baccy tin and lighter if I wake in the night

They were talking about this on ‘through the night’ on 5 live the other day, apparently a red light before bed will help you sleep better, a blue light will trick your brain into waking you up. They said more people are having problems sleeping, because of smart phones and tablets, apparently the back lights on the screens are LED’s which use a blue type of light.

My truck, as with most over here has red lights over the dash and red lit foot well if I desire to turn them on when driving in the dark … I don’t turn the over head ones on because when I drive at night it makes visibility much worse, I do have the foot well lights on though as I like to see things on the floor, the sleeper also has a lit floor but they are white lights.
I see lots of twonks driving with their overhead red lights on, just target as far as I am concerned.

I am driving a new FH on nights, and drive with the centre light on dim so i can see where my coffee cup is…

I’ve been behind the wheel of one thing or another during the night for 20 years, My top tips are as follows, avoid energy drinks, avoid sugary food, chocolate sweets and big meals during the night.

As for in cab lights a well lit environment for night working is preferable it tricks the brain into believing it’s daytime impracticable when driving at night if you have difficulty staying awake then anything should be considered, I sleep like a baby during the day eat fruit and drink water at night.

Being very unfit will also cause drowsiness, consider a change of lifestyle.

I rigged a few red led lights in my cab, as the soft lighting in the merc actros (LH cab)is pathetic, was easy to do and makes a massive difference.