Extra spot lights

Am I the only truck driver that thinks having six spot lights on the roof and another four on the front grill looks totally naff? I have to admit I drive a fleet truck with no bolt on extras but still think it looks more tasteful!

Me too. I discovered last week that my mate who bought one of my old trucks has just fitted 4 lights to the front of it, not good. I rang him up and asked if it was in some way a substitute for his lack of, err, em, err, penile length and if so I had a couple of emails I could forward to him which might help his predicament. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I agree.

If speccing up a new motor I’d have a set of Alcoa alloys and a pair of air horns on the roof. And that’s about it.

Having spots all over the front makes any truck ugly in my opinion. HID headlights give a better quality of light than 20 spots can anyway, so why not have those instead?

I personaly think 2 or 4 spots on the roof are ok , its when it becomes 6 , or 6 on the roof and 4 on the bumber or more i think it goes O.T.T.
BUT ITS A PERSONAL THING

Spots dont bother me its cow catchers, whats the idea this is the UK not the Aussy outback!

The only lights and bars i’d have…

Part of me thinks “oh look bling!”, i suppose they do look good. But most of the guys who have them probably do need them i think. They tend to be small hauliers/ owner drivers out in the sticks Scotland/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ etc.
I’ve drove some standard fleet motors where i swear my cars headlights are better and only the fact i started off in daylight i would of refused to take out.

Depending on the make of truck she might need them.

Of the three companies I mostly drive for I find the Scanias are like driving in daylight, the Volvos and Dafs pretty impressive but the Mercs and MANs seem to need extra candles.

Even so, I’d rather upgrade the bulbs before fitting extra lamps.
[/quote]

I love the new DAF 105 with the “moon lights” moulded into the cab corners think they look great, but its not everyones cup of Tee !

also the cost of spots fitted are crazy ,
4 x 1 spots £300,
merc to wire them 5 hours labour @ £65
also £ 80 worth of parts ! (switch/realys etc)

al because its a MP2 merc !
:imp:

I think that six, or even more, lights on the roof looks just ridiculous. Despite the looks, I’m more concerned about the dangers such vast amount of light makes when used at dark. Driver simply doesn’t see a thing for a while after he switches from full beam to dipped beam.

Two lights on the roof and two on the bumber with a switch so that only two of those are lit at the same time would be my favorite. That way you can still have extra headlights when it’s raining/snowing/whatever which would otherwise make roof lights only to irritate your view.

We’ve got 4 spots and 2 beacons on a top bar ontop of all our Globetrotters, partially for show, but mainly to light up the sites we have to go onto in the dark.

We’ve also got 2 on the back of the tanks and are thinking of putting 2 on the back of the cab at the top to help when backing upto the silos.

For us there a must not a luxury

In my case the lights are practical
The lights on my motor have saved the radiator and intercooler now 5 times in the last year when the truck has been in colision with deer as my truck will to Lockinver and back about six times a month and the bambys are always waiting

Spotlights are cheaper than radiaters :slight_smile:

the more lights u have the less your paid :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PS
:sunglasses: The lights may be fitted but i never use them unlike the [zb] that met me going to work in my car on the A66 at Temple Sowerby this morning at 0430 white scanny with a blue flash pulling a norfolkline trailer :imp: :imp: [zb] :imp: :imp:

Original, but still too obvious. L. :wink:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
In my case the lights are practical
The lights on my motor have saved the radiator and intercooler now 5 times in the last year when the truck has been in colision with deer as my truck will to Lockinver and back about six times a month and the bambys are always waiting

Spotlights are cheaper than radiaters :slight_smile:

I hope the Scania isn’t yours clunk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Flying deer…

TC

Nice Scania :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh yes, those lights are wonderful things.

Whilst negotiating Welshpool bypass last night and a bit tired I inadvertantly :blush: :blush: left my main beam on.

But that’s ok. A truck flashed me and, whoa! Daylight!

Certainly woke me up with the 6 spot lamps on the roof, the main headlights and the 4 on the front grille.

Of course, I then had to pull over to get the stars out of my eyes :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Ahh well. I did offer to stop to let my passengers have a roam around Welshpool for an hour or so while I got some kip before continuing but they wanted to get back…

That’s ok. They had an hour wondering around Ford Layby instead. It was either that or rearrange the front of the car :frowning:

So, yeah, these headlights are a good thing… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Catmat wrote

I hope the Scania isn’t yours clunk

no mines the FH500 on the right the scanny is driven by Camby my man doesent like scannys :frowning: