Missing from your truck

en-suite bathroom (shower and Toilet)
Built in 24/240 inverter for TV, DVD and Microwave

Halle Berry :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

toonsy:

daftvader:

toonsy:

Baggie:
Heated windscreen,fitted in most decent cars these days,why not trucks :unamused: :unamused:

Cost. Especially to replace.

Not that expensive.Just had my Fiesta one replaced.Had to pay £100.Window cover on my insurance paid the rest

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah there’s some size difference between a Fiesta and a HGV screen though.

Thats true.But i’m sure if it was standard the price would come down.Like most things.

toonsy:

daftvader:

toonsy:

Baggie:
Heated windscreen,fitted in most decent cars these days,why not trucks :unamused: :unamused:

Cost. Especially to replace.

Not that expensive.Just had my Fiesta one replaced.Had to pay £100.Window cover on my insurance paid the rest

Yeah there’s some size difference between a Fiesta and a HGV screen though.

I think it may have expired now, but Ford had the patent for this years AFAIK. So it would only be an option on Ford group cars or other marques they own.

Heated screen fitted as an option and replaced regularly (gravel roads) on my 2017 Volvo VN .

Surely with technology there is a way they can build in an invertor/plug socket. And also a flat screen tv that either folds flat into the dashboard or drops down from the overhead storage save a lot of wires and.fiddling about

TiredAndEmotional:
Daf could think about putting decent radios in!

If you think the DAF one is bad I’ll swap you for the one in my IVECO :frowning:

the maoster:
I’d quite appreciate interior lights that are actually bright enough to be able to do your paperwork once you park up on these dark nights.

With you there pilgrim,actros interiors are garbage,espesh the puny bunk lights.useless.

Oh,and decent curtains actros fail here too

Colingl:
I think it may have expired now, but Ford had the patent for this years AFAIK. So it would only be an option on Ford group cars or other marques they own.

They’ve been available on VW group cars since around 2005. Last time I looked VW were not owned by Ford…

Roymondo:

Colingl:

They’ve been available on VW group cars since around 2005. Last time I looked VW were not owned by Ford…

No but they did used to be patented by Ford.

Many of the trucks up here have heated windscreens due to the climate,its more or less standard on Volvo’s and Scanias.As is double glazing for the side windows,and Engine heaters that work off 220v.

toonsy:

Roymondo:

Colingl:

No but they did used to be patented by Ford.

Ford’s patent is wavy lines vertically in the glass. VW use a different system.

Regardless of what the patent does/does not cover, or when it may or may not have expired, my point was that heated windscreens are not restricted to Ford (and Ford owned) marques - which is what was claimed. As well as VW, they are also an option on some Fiat, Vauxhall and Nissan models. None of them are or have been AFAIK owned by Ford.

The 1st heated windscreen was fitted by Ford in 1985 when they launched the Scorpio to replace the Granada

Geoff

A button with teleporter written on it.

iv recently got obsessed with clipboards. and decent bulldog clips ,pens that write instantly and id like a dedicated space for it all to sit so i can read /write from it from my seat. possibly a swivel arm mount desk set up

years ago you could buy great clipboards but the current crop all bend when you press on them. iv had to make my own 1960s clipboard and am quite proud of it , managed to “age” it too

corij:
iv recently got obsessed with clipboards. and decent bulldog clips ,pens that write instantly and id like a dedicated space for it all to sit so i can read /write from it from my seat. possibly a swivel arm mount desk set up

years ago you could buy great clipboards but the current crop all bend when you press on them. iv had to make my own 1960s clipboard and am quite proud of it , managed to “age” it too

Bet you’re a right laugh at social gatherings… :wink:

corij:

You age your clipboards? how? Why? :laughing:

i just wanted an old clipboard . you try buying an old style one online, not easy