Met anyone famous while at work?

When I worked on recovery inside M25 many years back I have to attend the blonde one out of hear say as she left her lights on all day during a rehearsal

I used to deliver to Talksport once a week so saw plenty of Alan Brazil and Colin Murray. Never noticed anyone else though which was disappointing as I do love my football.

While not formally introduced, I stood behind Roger Daltrey in the queue to pay for fuel at Wooley Edge services, and literally bumped into Liz Dawn, she who played Vera Duckworth in corrie while in the petrol station shop at Birch on the M62 three weeks later.

I met Gary Numan a couple of times when my mate was doing some welding on a Willy’s jeep he had bought.

David Beckham twice when delivering to ‘Beckingham Palace’ near Sawbridgeworth, nice bloke!
I also spoke to Jane Seymour while delivering to a film set location and she asked me how far I had travelled to get to the set.

Joanna Lumley in a café and made her reverse into a passing place on a farm trail at her Scottish but n ben .plus a couple o other times on the trail ,lovely woman always smiled and waved . Gazza and some o the England team when I asked them to move their car on a “turkey trail” when they were fishing and I couldn’t get past .real down to earth fella.

Keith Harris in Hilton Park services late one night. He was carrying a holdall I remember… tempted to ask if Orville was in there.

Abdel Baset Ali Mohmed Al-Megrahi
Nelson Mandela when he came to visit him ( well I was in the room )
Not truck related
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronan Keating, (boyzone), delivering a 40’ container to his gaff at Rickmansworth, told the girls at mr box it wouldn’t fit when I looked on google earth, yup, didn’t fit, had to change for 2 x 20s.
Sapper

Not trucking, but in another life as a trackday instructor I spent a day at Snetterton teaching Simon Webbe (from the band Blue), I also instructed and later raced with Keith Flint ( one of the most genuinely nice guys you could ever wish to meet) also raced against Derek Redmond (Olympiad).

i also met a couple of famous foreigners.

the 2 doctors that drove a 4x4 jeep into the front doors of glasgow airport and instead of blowing the place up,it just burst into flames setting the both of them on alight when i was cabbing there.
if i remember correctly their names were singed maheed and mahjeeps burning.
we had a heated conversation briefly for a couple of mins and got on like a house on fire.

having absolutely no knowledge of football then i also picked up what i assumed was an old woofter and a couple of rent boys from the airport and took them to the turnberry hotel.
i was flavour of the month when i got back being asked did i get their autographs and what they were talking about as to which i had no idea as i wasnt interested in them.
whoever was scotlands manager and his 2 best players at the time was who they were around 1990.
i did lift moxy from auf wiedersehen pet,or brendan mulkachey if you remember him as that.
spoke like a london fluvvy darling,and completely nauseating to listen to.dressed like a junkie.

Franglais:

muckles:
Yes, but somebody normally has to tell me they’re famous first. [emoji38]

Had that “famous phrase” one year when I was running some support rubbish in for the Monaco F1 : you know, conversation starts with, “I want it now” and, after a reasonably polite reply why they can’t have it now . .here it comes. . .
“Do you know who I am”! . …

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

…To which the only response is to turn around and loudly announce to the room: “Lads, we’ve got a fella ere who doesn’t know who he is!”

Tom Jones. shifting muck brother in law phones me come and have a pint with Tom in club put the phone down rings again I swear toms in bar for funeral 5 minutes I’m in club down stairs in bar about 6 people and me. Loveliest down to earth bloke you could ever meet then I ended up talking too his son mark at the bar great bloke as well he said its murder to get out of a pub when he’s home in Wales regards rowly

When I was a parcel courier, I’d just delivered to a bookshop in Market Harborough, and Michael Palin came wondering out the front. He’d been doing a book signing.

I also delivered a parcel to Geoff Betts of Shawoddywoddy as he lived in Harborough. Miserable git he was.

Last year, in the early hours of Sunday morning, a white Rolls Royce overtook me on the A34 north near Membury. The numberplate was OA51 SRR, and had been arranged to read OASIS RR. So I’m assuming it was one or both of the Gallagher brothers.

When my dad was a postman in Buckinghamshire in the mid 60s, he used to deliver to Roy Castle’s house, and was invitied in for toast and tea on several occasions. Apparently he was a splendid chap.

Met a few, but the most memorable was working with David Attenborough for a day ( I’d supplied animals for a days filming), he really is as genuinely decent a bloke as he seems.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Had that Madonna in my cab once, and she wanted me to pull over and shut the curtains, but I was on job and finish (not hourly), so I couldn’t. Nice girl though.

Clare Grogan. She was filming a Celebrity Antiques Road Trip in Glasgow. Rock n Roll eh?

Fiona Bruce in the Holiday Inn next to Portsmouth truck stop, filming Antiques Roadshow on the sea front.
Delivered tiles from Spain to Gaby Logans house in London, she was out, hubby there.

Parked overnight, locals hated lorries, and this mad duffer took photos of my lorry, accused me of breaking the pavement that was damaged before I got there.

Jenson Button with his late Dad at Reading Msa, black McLaren,.I said hello to JB.

James May at a BP on the A303, white Porsche 911, dirty and dented.
Middle aged women loved him, signing autographs.

they tried to do a cash in the attic /antique roadshow type program in donegal recently but it ended in an uproar after a local guy came in dragging a ■■■■■■■■■ box in with him looking to have an appraisal done.
he told them it had been lying up in his attic since his granny lived in the house before him and had been there for over 60 years.
it all kicked off rightly when they tried to explain to him it was of no great value due to the fact it was his water storage tank. :neutral_face:

I delivered a car to Sonia’s Eastenders house for Driving School. I met Keith Flint at a grass track meeting and Ivan Mauger and Rae at an award ceremony.
Met a few motorcycle racers with my brothers business. Oh Charlie Williams when I was a kid, he said, “ee lad, when we tek ower, tharl be first in t’pot wi carrots and onions

Met Sting and Aled Jones whilst out walking [emoji124]‍♀️

Wheel Nut:
Met Sting and Aled Jones whilst out walking [emoji124]‍♀️

That’s nice, although I’ll be honest I didn’t know they were an item.