Famous drivers I've met

This week I met the driver who actually got the police to cone off the bays either side of him so he’d sleep better, jealous eh?

Was he in the SAS or the SBS, he could not tell you too much because of the official secrets act, but he still did reveal all.

Wheres the photos ? :laughing:

Did he miss the Herald of Free Enterprise by two minutes.?

Your thread title is a bit misleading, but:

Lewis Hamilton
Hannu Mikkola
Ari Vatenen
Juha Kankkunen
Colin McRae.
Jimmy McRae
Roger Clark
Malcolm Wilson

Etc etc.

Ken.

Just about every driver at my company is a legend…for all the wrong reasons

Once had sterling moss his wife suzie and the ceo of walmart help me push an old racing car to the back of my truck in cannes as it would not start. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Alex from ice rd truckers seemed a very nice man

Well, i’ve beat you all.
I’ve met the most famous trucker in britain.
And i dont mean Switch… :open_mouth:

lilysgranpa:
Well, i’ve beat you all.
I’ve met the most famous trucker in britain.
And i dont mean Switch… :open_mouth:

I’ve seen Mark Dixon stuck in traffic A1 southbound near Doncaster. I went past him heading north laughing my head off and then i got stuck in traffic

toby1234abc:
Was he in the SAS or the SBS, he could not tell you too much because of the official secrets act, but he still did reveal all.

Apparently he was the third on the bancolny :smiley:

Mr B:
This week I met the driver who actually got the police to cone off the bays either side of him so he’d sleep better, jealous eh?

Did you have a cauliflower ear after he chewed it off with amazing tales, if so i would like proof of you bad ear condition and his autograph . If you dont do this, you have to leave the party , and risk being called "lair lia"r your bums on fire. :smiley:

Peter William Sutcliffe, Edward Stobart, Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson ,Christopher Livingstone Eubanks, Lisa Kelly, Christopher John Tarrant, Cornelius Crane Chase, Pete Osborne, Elvis Aaron Presley, Liam John Neeson, Thomas Sean Connery, Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor, Dieseldoforme, and of course: Charles Dennis Buchinsky.

hi, ive met that famous american driver pat hasler,(plastic bag) :open_mouth: :unamused:

Got a wave from Chris Hooper, going the opposite way in Itie a few years ago . . . does that count :question: :stuck_out_tongue:

I met Chris in Habay about 3 years ago, he did not say too much, and was going to get something to eat, and had broken down, with an expensive bill, the Dutch plate Scania had the In Transit yellow sign on the grill written in Arabic, he still had the pony tail hair do.He was in Habay truckstop, Belgium.

toby1234abc:
Did he miss the Herald of Free Enterprise by two minutes.?

If every driver who claimed to have missed it had actually caught it, the boat would have sunk under the weight anyway.

Quinny:

Lewis Hamilton
Hannu Mikkola
Ari Vatenen
Juha Kankkunen
Colin McRae.
Jimmy McRae
Roger Clark
Malcolm Wilson

Etc etc.

Ken.

You met colin mcrae? What was he like? Probably the finest driver of our generation RIP :cry:

Lady Di`s butler, his dad was a trucker.

merc0447:

Quinny:

Lewis Hamilton
Hannu Mikkola
Ari Vatenen
Juha Kankkunen
Colin McRae.
Jimmy McRae
Roger Clark
Malcolm Wilson

Etc etc.

Ken.

You met colin mcrae? What was he like? Probably the finest driver of our generation RIP :cry:

Great driver, crap helicopter pilot :frowning: