Ari Vatenen
Juha Kankkunen
Colin McRae.
Jimmy McRae
Roger Clark
Malcolm Wilson

Etc etc.

Ken.

You met colin mcrae? What was he like? Probably the finest driver of our generation RIP :cry:

Great driver, crap helicopter pilot :frowning:

Not amusing at all Mr Wheelnut !!! As a motorsport fan yourself you should know better then to take the ■■■■ :exclamation: The guy lived on the edge and got caught out in the end ,maybe it was inevitable ,but he did more for British rallying than anyone before and probably for a few years to come.
Never forget watching the 1990 Classic TT on the IOM during our recce for the Manx rally with Colin , and he reckoned the bike riders were nutters :exclamation:

Fred

Quinny:
Your thread title is a bit misleading, but:

Lewis Hamilton
Hannu Mikkola
Ari Vatenen
Juha Kankkunen
Colin McRae.
Jimmy McRae
Roger Clark
Malcolm Wilson

Etc etc.

Ken.

Me , Colin McRae, Nigel Mansell, David Coulthard, Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill, Graham Hill, Michael Schumacker, Barry Sheen Jame Hunt, Ronnie Peterson… and a few more.

Colin McRae by the way was a real gentleman of the sport and not in any way big headed or a show off. He was among the very few I actually admired RIP

Pat Hasler:
Colin McRae by the way was a real gentleman of the sport and not in any way big headed or a show off. He was among the very few I actually admired RIP

Indeed he was Pat ,and whilst doing his best to destroy various cars he was always the first man with a sledge hammer trying to make them roadworthy for one last time . Ultimate respect to the man ,a genius behind the wheel .

And don’t forget Richard Burns - sadly missed and another great rally driver and World Champion.

merc0447:

Quinny:
You met colin mcrae? What was he like? Probably the finest driver of our generation RIP :cry:

Crap helicopter pilot though :grimacing:
aaib.gov.uk/publications/bul … g_cbhl.cfm

The guy may not be famous but he should be! once at Tescos at Weybridge and a truck pulled up next to me.The driver ,a scotchman asks me where the toilet is as he is in desperate need of a crap.I tell him that its closed.He runs over to the office block and walks in.Some tow rag security man tells him that “these offices and toilets are for Tesco staff only”

After a bit of a caffufle the jock walks out and craps on the steps,the police are called and the real gem is that old plod sided with the scotchman!!

What a good man should get a bloody medal.

Soldier z:

toby1234abc:
Did he miss the Herald of Free Enterprise by two minutes.?

If every driver who claimed to have missed it had actually caught it, the boat would have sunk under the weight anyway.

+1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I met Neil Armstrong once, well when I say met I mean I was in a room he was in along with hundreds of other people. :slight_smile:
But in my head it was a ‘meeting’, and he did well driving that tin can all the way to the Moon and back.

my mate, she can reverse better than me. AND she can strip out a tilt. I can’t.