Maylen storage &wharehousing

Was the cab cut out of the photo on the bottom pic?. I can only see the trailer on my pc. Are you still a driver Cripp?.

Mark R:
Was the cab cut out of the photo on the bottom pic?. I can only see the trailer on my pc. Are you still a driver Cripp?.

Yes the pic is as you see it.
Not driving any more. Haven’t done for over 20 years. Long story but not long after i left my last driving job I broke my neck. Had my licence restricted to auto with some hand controls but oddly they left the HGV and bike licence as normal.
Got the restrictions removed a few years ago and thought about driving again but I would find moving goods about a struggle. The driving part I’d be ok with.

I ALSO WORKED FOR MAYLENS BETWEEN 1972-1983.I DROVE M8 UKP 508H ALEYLAND MERCURY 4 WHEELER.M15 CKE 248K A LEYLAND MERCURY ARTIC AND M31 RKO 998R A SCAMMELL CRUSADER. PLUS THE F88 ON DEMO THAT MARSHY IS DRIVING IN THE PICTURE, GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS HAD SOME GOOD TIMES WONDER WHERE THEY ARE ALL NOW.

My dad used to work for Maylens. During the 70’s & 80’s I think. His name is Micky Back. He would quite often take me or my brother Iain to work with him in his lorry if it was the school holidays, we loved it. I think he drove a marathon to start with and then a road train. When I next see him I’ll ask him if he can remember the reg number. Think the road train might have been white as they’d only just bought it and hadn’t had the chance to paint it orange and white yet. I remember trips to Erith to deliver Gypsum. Think the mechanic’s name at Maylens was Spindal??
Anyone remember my dad or work with him??

M 2.JPGThis picture is taken from the superb Paul Gees Photo Collection thread
Anyone recognise the driver heading up the A417 at Birdlip in Gloucestershire

M 1.JPG Another Maylen Marathon picture taken from the superb Paul Gees Photo Collection thread

moomooland:
0 Another Maylen Marathon picture taken from the superb Paul Gees Photo Collection thread

With a works ERF from Sandbach overtaking the Marathon MML.

David

Just stumbled across this thread. Brings back memories from my time with Maylen’s. Great bunch of guys to work with.
It looks like you have me in the picture in Gloucester, obviously running home empty.
I drove the AEC M35 to start with, then M28 a Marathon, and lastly M25 a Crusader.

A night out in Warrington with Terry Steward and Johnny Turner.
I was driving M35 the AEC mercury on that occasion.

moomooland:
0This picture is taken from the superb Paul Gees Photo Collection thread
Anyone recognise the driver heading up the A417 at Birdlip in Gloucestershire

Funnily enough I drove up there yesterday after a day down the Cotswolds.