lenham

any old pictures of lenham storage or old timers on here?

My old man worked there from 1970-2004.
He’s got hundreds of pics. I’ll see if I can get some off him for you… :slight_smile:

hi all would love to see any pics, i drove for them twice in the 90’s, first time on the rigid’s doing days then went back on artics doing nights out and as many hours as i could work!! :sunglasses:

This one from Bob Hobbs @ transportphotos.com/road/photos

Here’s one I’ve got on my phone

Heres some from the Kent hauliers thread.

hi booked in when? I must know your dad as I’ve been there for about 24 years!! A273 mko, was my old truck, and I done journey work in it!! I also remember the 2 rigids. d700 was i think driven by ticker watch. The 17-tonner I only drove once. I’m trying to think who your dad might be! give me a clue, was he artic or rigid?..I would love to see the pictures…jim

I was there from 1998 to 2001. Agency then they conviced me to go full time. Drove various lorries, CVME rigid which always seemed to have a blown fuse :laughing: I had L700LKY for a bit. Then got a brand new atego in red oxo colours. Moved onto artics, drove a few of those before I moved on.

i drove and shunted all of them motors. where the pics of the fleet lined up is a warehouse now, all covered in,the site is getting to saturation point. needs extra space. they used to have their own fire engine and dustcart. i dont recall the fire engine but went to the tip a few times with Brian Barker in the dustcart. they were good to me when I moved down from Scotland and have been ever since. I walked in there on the off chance and Alan Flood the tm, asked ME if i wanted the job!! in Scotland it was dont call us we wont call you. So within a week I had a good job and never looked back.

Just found this old one. :smiley:

Just seen this ex Lenham Merc on Doncaster services.

Just found this in my pix. I’ve also posted it on “Did anyone drive a Bullnose Merc”.
It was taken at Darling Buds of May Classic Car Show, 11th July 2010.
Cliff

100_0667.jpg

Cliff Boulton:
Just found this in my pix. I’ve also posted it on “Did anyone drive a Bullnose Merc”.
Cliff

Thats great,is that one of the three posted above in the old line up Cliff :exclamation:

also at Lenham we had the 100 thousandth merc sold in the U.K. it was an actros and reged as X1 LEN. It had 100 thousandth on both the doors and pulled “the picture trailer” Unfortunatly in her latter years she had a habit of locking you out! The day driver warned me to take keys out, but I forgot when I went up to norwich one night, and next thing I knew the locks went down on the doors and the windows went up!! Had to wait for fitter to come up from Lenham with spare keys. I wanted to put the window in, but told not to.

another piece of useless information is…have a look at the picture of the fleet line up with the actroses and shunter. that shunt unit came from woodcocks and was on journey work before made into shunter. the reg was H818; it’s somewhere on this site in woodcocks colors.

DADDY LONGLEGS:
also at Lenham we had the 100 thousandth merc sold in the U.K. it was an actros and reged as X1 LEN. It had 100 thousandth on both the doors and pulled “the picture trailer” Unfortunatly in her latter years she had a habit of locking you out! The day driver warned me to take keys out, but I forgot when I went up to norwich one night, and next thing I knew the locks went down on the doors and the windows went up!! Had to wait for fitter to come up from Lenham with spare keys. I wanted to put the window in, but told not to.

What’s the pic of in post 5 ? :wink:

that is IT, you cheeky rascal :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

DADDY LONGLEGS:
that is IT, you cheeky rascal :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pm me your name and I’ll see if my old man knows you :wink:

MOC:

Cliff Boulton:
Cliff

Thats great,is that one of the three posted above in the old line up Cliff :exclamation:

Sorry, only just found your question, “MOC”. No, I’m sure it’s not one of the 3 above. I think it got bought in for restoration some years back. Keith Abrehart, the governor now, used it on his wedding day a few years ago in the local Lenham Church. It’s been taken to a few Classic Car Shows locally by various people, and as I understand it, anybody on the Company can take it to a show or Charity do, carnival etc. if they ask, and if they’ve got a licence of course. Sorry to say I’ve not driven it myself. Love the colours too. Cliff