lenham

Cliff Boulton:

MOC:

Cliff Boulton:
Just found this in my pix. I’ve also posted it on “Did anyone drive a Bullnose Merc”.
It was taken at Darling Buds of May Classic Car Show, 11th July 2010.
Cliff

Thats great,is that one of the three posted above in the old line up Cliff :exclamation:

Sorry, only just found your question, “MOC”. No, I’m sure it’s not one of the 3 above. I think it got bought in for restoration some years back. Keith Abrehart, the governor now, used it on his wedding day a few years ago in the local Lenham Church. It’s been taken to a few Classic Car Shows locally by various people, and as I understand it, anybody on the Company can take it to a show or Charity do, carnival etc. if they ask, and if they’ve got a licence of course. Sorry to say I’ve not driven it myself. Love the colours too. Cliff

Thanks Cliff,Im going to the “Darling buds of may” , next month,if its there will take a look and get a pic or two. :smiley:

t

MOC:

Cliff Boulton:

MOC:

Cliff Boulton:
Just found this in my pix. I’ve also posted it on “Did anyone drive a Bullnose Merc”.
It was taken at Darling Buds of May Classic Car Show, 11th July 2010.
Cliff

Thats great,is that one of the three posted above in the old line up Cliff :exclamation:

Sorry, only just found your question, “MOC”. No, I’m sure it’s not one of the 3 above. I think it got bought in for restoration some years back. Keith Abrehart, the governor now, used it on his wedding day a few years ago in the local Lenham Church. It’s been taken to a few Classic Car Shows locally by various people, and as I understand it, anybody on the Company can take it to a show or Charity do, carnival etc. if they ask, and if they’ve got a licence of course. Sorry to say I’ve not driven it myself. Love the colours too. Cliff

Thanks Cliff,Im going to the “Darling buds of may” , next month,if its there will take a look and get a pic or two. :smiley:

All being well, I’ll be at Darling Buds with my Wolseley 16/60. Be pleased to meet you. Sorry to go off thread, but here’s a picture of my car taken at Seabrook last year. Cliff

That looks very clean Cliff,yea will look out for you and your Wolseley 16/60 ,This is my 59 VW 15 window Camper,also taken at Seabrook , there be a few of us there parked together :smiley: :smiley: Just hope its dry, got rain off last year.

My son, Mark will love you. He’s a great VW Camper fan. Not sure if he’s going to Darling Buds, but will tell him about your VW, and to look on here. On the Supermarket Lorry thread, his is the Waitrose Scania, EBL, in Hythe shop withe Lenham motor there as well. PCB who has commented on that thread and on Dodds thread is my son Paul who now lives in Southern Ireland. Cheers, Cliff.

Small world Cliff,our flat is nextdoor to Waitrose delivery yard and overlooks the enterance,probably seen that Scania as every day Lenham and waitrose trucks come in there
at the same time most days. In actual fact the guy who owns Lenham also owned a house in the same complex as ours,really nice couple they were,he sold it 2 years ago now,
it was just a holiday home.He said his son deals with most the buisness these days. :smiley: His name was Rodney and Ollie Tolhurst :exclamation:

Heres another one Lenhams and waitrose taken from our window :laughing:

I’m sure I’ve gottcha booked in when!!! ive pm you and I think you are S.M. ask your dad if he remembers the trip to Scotland we done together, and had a few pints in the pub near marleys…send him my regards…jim.

Small world indeed MOC. Mark said the chap that took those pics must live in the flats there. That is his lorry RX07 EBL. Both the Lenham motors have moved on now I’m sure. I know an 04 reg I used to have regularly has gone and the 05’s too I think. Seems to be all 3 or 4 year old maximum on the rigids at least now.
I’ve never been sure about the relationship between Keith Abrehart (who is “In Charge” at Lenham now) and the Tolehurst’s. They were before my time. Keith though, is a ■■■■ nice bloke, and doesn’t forget many names. He stopped and spoke to my Mark (who was only shopping) last week when he was on an “official” visit to Waitrose shop in Ashford with one of their big noises. Mark has benn left about 10 years I think.
Let’s hope we can have a chat at Darling Buds. It’s got 2 weeks to dry off. I’m “doing” Preston (Kent) Steam Fair next Sunday, perhaps!!!

Who was your old man as my grandad was the fitter at Lenham and my dad drove for them/

Booked in when??:
My old man worked there from 1970-2004.
He’s got hundreds of pics. I’ll see if I can get some off him for you… :slight_smile:

who’s your dad driverjoe, I must know him.

Whos this,taken today :wink:

My dad’s name is Kevin Davis and my grandad’s name was Ray Davis, the pictures of the 7.5t, artic, rigid were pictures given to me by my dad.

DADDY LONGLEGS:
who’s your dad driverjoe, I must know him.

was your granda a fitter in the garage?. I always called him harry!!! big tall man with silver hair? can’t place your dad though. I remember when I went there about 24 years ago there was an asian guy who used to fix all the rips on the tuatliners. poor bugger died if i remember. I’m sure he used to come and work the lorry wash. I can’t remember his name, but he he passed shortly after I went to Lenham. there was another lad there can’t remember his name, but I got stuck delivering a load of peat onto a grass field on a garden centre up near mitcham area. I got in, knew I shouldn’t have done it, but it was on the main drag into london. So silly me goes in, tips, and lorry wheels span and gave up. so now I’m buggered. phoned Lenham and John came out. smashing lad, who left years ago, and I can’t even remember his name. he puts wrecker onto artic and no no. So I’m pointing downhill onto the main London Rd, and the only way out is through a wooden gate next to the owners house. John tells him thats the only way out and you will have to take the gate off. he says no way, so john says okay, I’ll take the ■■■■■■ through the hedge. so the owner starts to panic and agrees maybe the best thing is to take the gate off. I just got it out. I went down the garage next time I saw John and asked him if he would have took it out the hedge, and he said, ,■■■■■■ right I would have jim, my dinner was getting cold.