Martintrux

I know sorry about the size

An OD took over the 140 whose name escapes me but i saw a small tank fitted in near the back axel although it had 2 400lt tanks already. Some years later as an OD i didn,t just crack on to Macon i snaped on to Macon and beyond

rexyu:
I remember Roy Simons who dove for them for years. He came, like me , from Hailsham, where we went to school together. Lovely cheerful fella, used to meet him in Italy mostly.I wonedr where he is now[/quote

When MTX finished Roy went on another TIR outfit but his flat was burgled a coupla times while he was away so he jacked it in & worked in an office where he lived ,I think it was Ashford .
In the old days he would be in a Routiers & have a serious discussion on what the outcome of the next installment of the Archers would be! When I first met him I thought he was talking about his close friends .IE: " Do you think Gabriel will go down the pub tonight because he wasn’t there last night ?" or " I reckon Mrs Archer will making a meat pie for tomorrows dinner; what do you think?" " If she hadn’t said that about him none of all this would have happened."

Hi Toothpick Johny
Many thanks for the photographs of Martintrux LB111’s :smiley: The sight of them bring back many memories I had with this company back in the 70s & 80s. Bill Martin became a personal friend, wonderful man and what a character. I also got to know the other directors quite well, young Jimmy, Master’s Peters and Hiiliyard. I enjoyed my life selling Scania’s in East London and Essex and made many friends and many memories :laughing:
Ron Day

hi harry, i saw roy simons in the cabin cafe in thurrock last year,hes in his 70s now i believe but looked fit and healthy he was doing agy work does it “to keep me occupied” as far as i know hes still kicking about.
regards. ian

Has any oe seen John Bishop (Engineer) or any or the Directors Son’s Jimmy Martin, Nigel Hillyard, or Russ Peters. Not seen any of them for about 12 years. I know Russ went to P&O quite a while back. Ron Day

sunboy:
hi harry, i saw roy simons in the cabin cafe in thurrock last year,hes in his 70s now i believe but looked fit and healthy he was doing agy work does it “to keep me occupied” as far as i know hes still kicking about.
regards. ian

Nice to know he is still about . I hung up my spurs a few years ago & spend most of the the year here in LOS . I will send a few snaps if the net connection is strong enough

one thing the last lot of piccys are sure better than seeing truck “lol” :wink: :wink:

Yeah but most of them look like blokes in disguise to me

NZ JAMIE:
Yeah but most of them look like blokes in disguise to me

Here , here . . .proper looking ladyboys :confused:

here harry, looks like a normal night in las ramblas in barcelona to me ,!! he he he !!!

toothpick johnny,
i think the 140 scania your thinkig about was a p reg? i think it was run by tony glover who was an o/d contractor for martintrux, cant be 100 pcent sure he ha another truck on there too an old russel davies 112 for a while then a bloke called mark ■■■■■ bought it off him.tonys son nick used to work in the workshop at
mtx aswell.
regards, ian

sunboy:
here harry, looks like a normal night in las ramblas in barcelona to me ,!! he he he !!!

Believe it or not , now is the quiet season .

wherever this is or barcelona?! def not las ramblas,loadsa weirdos rnd there!ladyboys and manlygirls! hard to tell the difference,have to grab the nuts area to find out!! had lots of good nights at a restaurant called the printers with my dad in the 80s then down to the town if he could still see the way!scary waking up in the morning pullin the curtains and wondering where the trailer was! i remember a patricks driver called billy with a wagon and drag ran over a phone box opposite the restaurant,apparently this was a weekly occurence!!as soon as they put it back somebody else took it out!!..o happy days!!

sunboy sorry i,ve been looking at the ladyboys for the last few months, i,m almost there as in cured. Anyway yes of course it was Tony you can see him on a posting Storming Norman posted last year or early this year . All i know is i missed the party in kent. And Normans son i know it looks like his gone. but another limp excuse my daughter put them back in the loft and plus i,ve sold my van 7 years after i sold my truck and i,m of to the Philippines in a few weeks time until next March 30. So i,ll try and dig them out and if they post you and Dad will see some oldies

i,ll put a few on most have already been posted so sorry if you,ve already seen them . but this site has changed since i first posted and now things move or get delated for no reason. ok sorry i,m about to start moaning again. i,ll bite my big ladyboy tounge. ok bollax wheres the add photo gone. sorry i try tomorrow. i,ll work it out 1 day. dont fix wont aint broke

as if i didnt have enough trouble posting photos before. please tell me in simple terms what i,m doing wrong now. please

worked before i think i,ll give up

Free image hosting at imagecave.com