henry long

205.JPGJust Browsing Like u do, Found this old girl, cheers Chris

Longs had 3 mkv mammoth majors with trailers my dad drove 1 which i can`t find a photo of , maybe Andrew Long has 1, the other 2 are here Peggys first and Mick Quirks

do any of you old drivers remember peter o neal ,peggy as he was know,who died last year.andrew long told me he was the best driver longs ever had.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29318

it was only 5 posts down.

yeah i new peggy best mates with burgerler bill :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi.i know burglar bill,they both came into the cricket club after there union meeting,do you know george watson, we used do some miles when peter and george started compairing what they done.

didnt know geoge.new eddie robbo and sid from grimsby used to do courtaulds just off southfield lane.can near enough tell you all the lads names from when i worked there.i worked there from about 87 to 90 istarted there when i was 15 did you work there■■?

hi,am a self-employed light haulage contractor in bradford.it was always good listening to tales of olden days,when men were men and women were glad of then,as peter used to say.

pm me we can have a right old chat about all the old boys from longs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: