Alan Walker
Graham Wilson
Ray Walton
Phil Chatton
Les Nattress
Les Harrison
Alan and John Reiger
Alan Newton

Would like to get in touch with Les Harrison, I was known as Frank The Tank working for Hays Chemicals cunning to Barcelona 1985 - 1986.

does anybody have any pictures of ALBERT HYMAS from harrogate there trucks were cream/brown M A N and then laterly white D A F s i worked for them for about 7 seven years doing uk and spain any photos would be greatly reiceved

I have no pics but know them well - used to know Revin Kevin who was on for them and me some of the other drivers as well.

thanks a lot biker, kev was my best mate unfortunetly he passed away 8 years ago next month, the day before he was to come to my little ones christening he was a great mate very colourful and it was a great loss

i knew karl who used to drive a 321 man for hymas. good grafter if you could get him out of the bag houses

I used to go to school with a a couple of the Tennants… Mad lads…

I cut my teeth re-lining brake shoes during my “Eddie Walker” days for Hymas…

I sure know how to my their trucks stop…

Worked with Kev at Wilsons and he was a great lad sorry to hear of his loss.

Did work there myself as a 12 years old helping out in the yard - my dad knew Michael.

Wont date myself too much but the pick up I went out in was a Bedford CF and they had TM artics + Routman 8 wheelers.

I good mate of mine Mick Walker used to work for them and if you are a local resident you will know his skip business now.

remember when mick got his first skip wagon a bedford tk, i see him a couple of times a week as he lives just round the corner from me,he has just got a new M A N to go with the volvo he has

If he lives near you then my father in law lived just round the corner as well so you may have seen trucks I drove parked outside before we were married.

I worked for Hymas from '73 to '86. Some of the drivers around that time were;
Sid Lofthouse
Don Baxter
George Hosie
Paul Clark
John Stott
Trevor Pearson
Micky Walker
Alan Walker
Graham Wilson
Ray Walton
Phil Chatton
Les Nattress
Les Harrison
Alan and John Reiger
Alan Newton

A couple of pictures to keep you going.

Can anyone tell me if Les aka Grandad is still alive.

He was a Good friend of my Grandads Les Bell from Ripon (North Bridge garage) and also so my dad and could you let me know what he is up2

i thought they were blue tippers from harrogate. :confused:

yep sorry a bit of research done…

alfredhymas.co.uk/

Jock

YOur MAN was parked on the rugby ground then.

I must have met you at some time when I knocked about with a mate of mine who worked for Les Arnold then Micky Waterson.

hello jock,your name rings a bell i started the year after you finished i was there 87-92 , i see mick walker quite regular its about 2 years since ive seen ray (cloggi) walton,les natrass about a year ago in town john reiger dont know but alan is working for j&j wards again truck parked outside henry peacock pub in starbeck alan newton last time 15 years ago had a pub in morley,les harrison now working at wm housemans trevor pearson dont know but i worked with him for about a year at mick watersons on the john carr job. do you remember my mate kevin nicholls and also gerry elders paul craven?nice photos do you have any more i have some i can e-mail you if you like regards karl

My Dad’s out of the country at the moment but he asked me to keep an eye on here to keep him updated, he’s back this next weekend so he can reply properly then.
I know he sees Gerry out and about and the Reigers. Did you go to Michael Hymas’s funeral, my Dad was there with a broken leg. :unamused:
Last we heard about Trevor Pearson he was living in a flat on Cold Bath Road, he’s had throat cancer so can’t speak, but can still drink. :wink:

I’m uploading some more piccies now which I’ll put up soon, you’ll have to excuse me and my sister in them. If you want to email some piccies my Dad would love to see them. I’ll PM his email address.

Regards, Calum.

Parked up by Spa Terrace in Starbeck.

This was taken in the layby opposite Plompton Rocks, before the gipsys moved in.

A showground somewhere on the pigeons.

At Killinghall quarry.

hi calum great photos didnt realise micheal had a scania have you got a side shot of it hopefully you will have got the pics ive sent to the address you sent if not let me know cheers karl

The Biker, I remember Mick Waterson, he pulled for a steel company in Knaresborough.

love sponge I can’t recall Kevin Nicholls, I don’t know what became of Paul Craven but he was a nice lad. The Scania was bought second hand to get permits for Spain. It was a flying machine. The AHH on the front stands for Albert Hymas Harrogate with the ‘■■■■ of the North’ symbol above. ]