M6 A very lucky Professional Driver

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s … e-49660265

Not much info so far. Was it one of you??

bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engl … e-49659636

Looks like one of AMG transports trucks from Airdrie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:

I see no clues ?

Gavc:

damoq:

I see no clues ?

Click on the second link on the OPs post, then scroll down through the newsfeed and there’s a picture or the truck being recovered. Can see the AMG name on what’s left of the cab.

I don’t understand the seemingly sarcastic topic title, is there hard evidence that the “Professional Driver” was at fault ?

tachograph:
I don’t understand the seemingly sarcastic topic title, is there hard evidence that the “Professional Driver” was at fault ?

+1
Accidents happen to the best of drivers, maybe the guy was completely blameless,.and the ■■■■ who caused him to go over just carried on.
#Innocent until proven guilty. :bulb:

tachograph:

Agreed.
Lucky escape from that, whatever happened.
Looks like the concrete barrier did it’s job though…

zero facts as to why it’s happened. So whilst we do see buffoonery on a daily basis from class 1 drivers until we know for sure if this guy was doing anything wrong or not we shouldn’t speculate. You never know the cause, maybe it will be something that could happen to any of us.

Was he not a professional driver then !!

tachograph:

Agreed! That’s why I’ve edited the topic title…

To the OP, put a little more thought and a lot less attitude into your posts, or [zb] off over to facebook I care not either way.

Having a bad day Reef? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

feel sorry for anyone who was that way today.

lucky enough ive been around Newcastle so avoided it.

have heard its still closed will be until later tonight.
must of been bad then.
was looking on highways twitter thing earlier.
noticed somone worte on it
hgvs should be banned from the motorway network they cause to many accidents and chaos ban the trucks now before its to late

Embarrassing, one of the comments, ffs, I left at 05.15, heading for Manchester, M40 from Banbury the warnings were on the gantries, most drivers now have sat nav’s with traffic updates, but you have to think further, other drivers are getting the same information, so don’t follow blindly take a wider diversion, don’t just follow the sat nav and blindly join the queues in the diversions. So like below, expects it all to be displayed on route how to get round the closure, your supposed to be professional, you shouldn’t have to expect someone to hold your hand and think for you.

I just carried up the M40, M42 North, M1, A50, bit sticky round Stoke, cost me 45 minutes.

Posted at 16:0916:09
Trucker turnaround with M6 delays

Allen Cook
BBC News
Lorry driver Shane ******* is among many who have complained about a lack of warning about the closure of the M6 today.

He says he set off from Wiltshire at 04:15 on the way to Runcorn and, although there were signs, to him they lacked any information about the incident or how to avoid it.

bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engl … e-49659636

I have no idea why this comment made me chuckle

Another driver, Tiana Ashford, said she had been stuck for two-and-a-half hours with three chickens in the back of her vehicle.

She thanked a lorry driver who “gave us a big bottle of water”. They have all since made it home safely.

the maoster:
Having a bad day Reef? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Who me? I’m a veritable ray of sunshine me :smiley:

Regarding the time taken to get the road open again it does seem the UK lags far behind other countries in this regard, even for relatively less serious incidents the authorities there do seem to make a meal out of it.

short walk:
Regarding the time taken to get the road open again it does seem the UK lags far behind other countries in this regard, even for relatively less serious incidents the authorities there do seem to make a meal out of it.

Part of it required resurfacing so that takes time to get equipment and materials there.

Pete.

Hope the chickens got home all right