Lucozade Trucks

240 Gardner:

Me.Paul.101:
Hi everybody, I’m after some photo’s of Lucozade trucks especially ones from the Gloucestershire area. If you have any of these I would really like to see them as I been looking for ages. It’s hard to think that such a large firm as Beecham’s at Coleford (that made the Lucozade and Ribena drinks), and no-one has any pictures of the old wagons that were constantly in and out of there. Thanks…Paul

How about this? A big power motor in its day

I bet they didn’t do many to the gallon…

hey paul.would not want to drive that 6 wheeler in a heatwave…would be like driving a bloody greenhouse!!!

The image above is courtesy of Tony Price Photography

wideboybob:
hey paul.would not want to drive that 6 wheeler in a heatwave…would be like driving a bloody greenhouse!!!

You’d be guaranteed a good crop of well travelled tomatoes…Looks like plenty of room in there, must be one of the first walk around cabs.

I think if you load the pic on the scrapbook thread on this site someone might be able to give you some info you get a lot of knowledgeable people on there esp bubbleman or a chap called harry

flishflunk:

Me.Paul.101:

hilltop4:
Here you go mate…don’t know where its from, but an interesting cab :question:

Very interesting cab, any idea what it is?. It’s nearly as horrible looking as an Atkinson viewline…

Hiya,
This pic is also on the Chris Hodge website, it’s listed as “exotic cab on Lucozade AEC” and it’s from The Slough Commercial Vehicle Rally, 1955

Ray

A bit more glass than a LAD cab Comet! :smiling_imp: 900x20

The roof glass is certainly from a coach, probably one of the Duple models. Can anyone enhance the photo enough to see the upper badge on the grille?
As for other related pics, my old chap had a stack of photos of our firm’s lorries loaded with blackcurrants for the Coleford factory but they got chucked along with boxes of other interesting ones when he went a bit do-lalley toward the end of his life.

I can remember They had a depot/factory at Benton Near the coastal railway line which is now the Metro, I used to tip loads of cans there that I loaded at Carlisle MBC at Botchobey off The well known hauliers Robsons of Carlisle This would be be the 60s plus Era, Happy long gone days, Regards Larry

MLM 917P by Plaxton Fan, on Flickr

hilltop4:
Here you go mate…don’t know where its from, but an interesting cab :question:

I seem to remember years ago seeing a picture of an aircraft refueller with a cab like that. IIRC it was so the driver could see how close he was getting the the wings protruding overhead.

If I remember correctly, the AEC refuellers had curved glass above the windscreen. We also had a Hydracon mobile crane with a similar layout.

Pirate:
The first Corona factory was in Porth in the Rhondda valleys, they went on to establish 87 depots. They were bought by the Beecham group in 1958 and Britvic in 1987.
Neil.

Growing up in Porth, I remember it well. And the Pop man delivering Corona Cherryade to our house every week :smiley: I can only seem to remember Corona Bedfords driving around the Rhondda :unamused:
[/quote]

corona.jpg

This is what I remember :smiley:

We used to have ‘Alpine’ pop (in Nottingham), delivered by a Bedford TK!

Photograph courtesy of the Jim Taylor Collection

moomooland:

Nice ‘in service’ photo that, liking the grime!

Another hosepipe ban, then?

Looking good…

Retired Old ■■■■:
Another hosepipe ban, then?

No ! The Driver was one H.Gill I understand :blush: Anon 1.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
If it ain’t rusty with a bit of dirty red, it just ain’t a proper lorry!

IIRC Jack Richards bought his first lorry from Lucozade.
He kept the colours and his fleet are still in them today.