Lost mi old cpc card

Question is do I need to get the bugger replaced before I continue with my current cpc “course”, of which only one of has been completed?my gut feeling is,more than likely,but clarification would be greatly welcome.

It all depends.

Will you be driving before your new course hours take over? If so then yes you must have it replaced. You can drive whilst waiting for the new card to arrive. It will cost £25.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep still driving with now lost card so as you say,will need to pony up 25 till the new one kicks in.Cheers for that :blush:

At the risk of a ■■■■ storm on my lugs from the many n’er do wrongs on here…, :unamused:
I would say it’s like everything else mate, it’s only a problem if you get caught. :bulb:
I personally have never been asked for proof of having that dog ■■■■, and don’t know anybody who has.
Just get yer skates on enduring another 40 hours of poinntless boredom and save your pony.

You either have the entitlement or not. And as I’ve said in another thread, I just don’t get this crap about having to carry it with you. Not in this day of related databases, where everything official is accessible by the authorities. The only issue if you get a tug is proving your identity. After that, they should be able to find out what they want.

Personally I’d not say I’d misplaced until such time, if ever, I need to produce it…

You will need to produce your card if you get a roadside check . Well I did anyway …

About once or twice a month before leaving the depot. Dunno what they’d do if I said I’d lost it though.

I’d like to bet that when the new date starts. Can imagine vosa stopping a few more trucks hoping to catch people out.

WhiteTruckMan:
You either have the entitlement or not. And as I’ve said in another thread, I just don’t get this crap about having to carry it with you. Not in this day of related databases, where everything official is accessible by the authorities. The only issue if you get a tug is proving your identity. After that, they should be able to find out what they want.

I don’t do things by halves mind,also misplaced soddin wallet containing debit card and driving licence :unamused: so preparing for cpc part 2=no licence=no( cpc,2).Had to naff off home,so turned it into a weeks, needed, but not exactly wanted,vacation :angry:
I just know the wallets in there lurking,but Actroses are like the bloody bermuda-triangle,i find for claiming a chaps goods n chattels,all those crooks n nannies :unamused: On reflection i imagine you need the old card to surrender when collecting the new one,would be my hunch.

You really would think your national insurance number would cover all bases :open_mouth:

Re the course, would ask the instructor if they need to see it, but cant imagine they would as its not a refresher (pity that doesn’t exist).

As for driving, from memory the fine for not producing it is I think £50. Totally stupid as mentioned since they can check it online surely, but no doubt not joined up to VOSA / Police systems.

Does make me wonder if you didn’t bother doing CPC and just got 50 quid fine on odd chance of getting stopped, that sounds a lot cheaper than 500 for a course. Cant be that simple.

robroy:
At the risk of a [zb] storm on my lugs from the many n’er do wrongs on here…, :unamused:
I would say it’s like everything else mate, it’s only a problem if you get caught. :bulb:
I personally have never been asked for proof of having that dog [zb], and don’t know anybody who has.
Just get yer skates on enduring another 40 hours of poinntless boredom and save your pony.

Firm I worked for would send you home if you lost it.

Heck they even still make all the drivers have 28 days of paper tacho enevlope records on person at all times… Hand written as all their trucks are digital.

Best thing to do is get a job as a shelf stacker and just turn your brain off and enjoy

manalishi:
You really would think your national insurance number would cover all bases :open_mouth:

All knowing Big Brother isn’t always nasty.
Sometimes he can use his knowledge for good, and help us.

(Wry smiley)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

if you go onto the DVLA licence check site and check your licence it then opens another page which shows your digital tacho and DCPC details of dates and entitlements

adam277:
Firm I worked for would send you home if you lost it.

Is that on full pay??
If so, when you think how long bureacracy takes to process and send back to you such types of crap, I think I’d be devising a ‘‘Cunning plan’’ :wink: :smiley:

Thanks each and all,usefull stuff.It seems i do indeed need the old one updated at 25 nicker,■■■■ happens. :angry:

Heck they even still make all the drivers have 28 days of paper tacho enevlope records on person at all times… Hand written as all their trucks are digital.

Do they have some kind of problem with digitacho printouts? Or is it some numpty office bod who is making this “rule” and they don’t know the tacho has a built-in printer :confused:

trevHCS:
Does make me wonder if you didn’t bother doing CPC and just got 50 quid fine on odd chance of getting stopped, that sounds a lot cheaper than 500 for a course. Cant be that simple.

I don’t think it is: AFAIAA if you don’t have your DQC then you aren’t legally allowed to drive so for one thing your insurance would be invalid. I think that’d be more than a £50 fine! Plus my understanding is that your employer is required to check you have it.

trevHCS:
Re the course, would ask the instructor if they need to see it, but cant imagine they would as its not a refresher (pity that doesn’t exist).

As for driving, from memory the fine for not producing it is I think £50. Totally stupid as mentioned since they can check it online surely, but no doubt not joined up to VOSA / Police systems.

No man,i strongly suspect you’d be pleasurin her majesty for that grade of malfeaseantry :slight_smile: