lost digi card

Little help please chaps, I lost my digi card and cpc card yesterday evening. I think it was in the woods when walking the dog, was due to start work at midnight and only realised it was gone when I left the house so no chance of looking for it. Rang work and informed them, and they gave me the ok to drive (I know the law gives you so many days to report it and then so many days after reporting in which you can drive just needed to know the company were ok with it). I have done a printout before starting and will do one when finished, the question is if I take the dog out in the morning and retrace my steps and find the card am I ok to just keep using that card or do I now have to go through the hassle of applying for a new one. Obviously there’s every chance I won’t find it but I will at least try.

as long as youve not reported it to anyone other then employer you should be ok to carry on using it…
keep your print out and write the reasons on the back…

Do 2 print outs at the start and 2 at the end writ reason on both keep one copy for you and hand the other into the office.
As your doing print outs you’ll be declaring you HAVE LOST your card so it would be silly not to follow correct procedures.
As for the loss of the Drivers cpc card I’m not sure as when I lost my driving licence they also sent a new cpc card. You’ll have to check but I personally would just pay the price and do it by the book.

gov.uk/replace-driver-cpc-card
Heavy fine if your caught without it mind

If you find your driver card before reporting it lost there’s no reason not to continue using it, lost things are often found again.

Having said that I would report it lost asap, waiting a day won’t hurt but I wouldn’t leave it any longer than necessary.