Lorry driver froze to death in fridge trailer

hutpik:
I Think one of the most surprising things for many people [myself included] are the vast fluctuations in temperature which can occur during the winter.Iv’e had Days at -40c and the next day it’s -15,or -15c and the next day just below zero.

Thats a huge difference! From a hot UK summer day to a cold UK winter night in a coupla days. I know youve said about suitable clothing etc, but I`ll leave you to it thanks, not for this wimp.

EDIT I mean the 40deg range, not the actual temps!

Around 17 degrees today and sunny. January can go as low as 12 . Scorched earth 38degrees is where i like it days off summer ,not quite so good handballing 5t of rocks though…

I was in Newcastle last night, it was -1C. And there were trainee fridge engineers walking round with the shortest skirts you can wear without being arrested,
You see the fanny there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I was in Newcastle last night, it was -1C.

My god.
Thats nearly cold enough to make a geordie think about maybe putting a sweater on over his t shirt :laughing:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

bazza123:
It’s not really whoosh, it’s just I’m not sure this is the thread to be doing it on. A bloke died, he just needs to have a bit of respect.

Just a thought but would people be finding it acceptable if it was a Brit driver who’d frozen to death? They’d have told UKT to shut his mouth.

Whats wrong with what I have said that is so offensive to you? It is a fact that fridge men drop dead through not eating and entering freezers to work extended periods in them. Thats a well known fact among us. Also yes I do have a greater tolerance in sub zero temps than you will have, same as Eskimo’s have a greater tolerance towards the cold as do penguins in comparison to a parrot. We are equipped to work in such extreme conditions and are acclimatised to the conditions, others who step into a freezer for the first time are not. Get your facts straight before slagging me off pal.

I was one of the first people to stick my neck out and say yes I probably believe you when it came to your fridge engineer claims so maybe you’ll listen- you have become so very very tedious. Youre in that rare group along with likes of Carryfast that if I’ve seen you’ve commented I tend to avoid the topic. The same old nonsense over and over. It was entertaining to start with but you really do need a new trick.

Have a lovely afternoon.

+1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk