Britain's youngest Fridge driver?

I ask this out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know who’s the youngest fridge driver in the UK?

I’ve just got a job (21 in February) driving refrigerated Artics and curiosity killed the cat after a comment earlier today, I know of a few younger at Stobarts on containers.

Regards all

Don’t know who the youngest is but the oldest has to be Mr Jack Frost he was delivering to Tesco’s, stopped en route to inspect the frozen load and got trapped inside the freezer compartment, 40 years later his truck was found with him still inside the freezer compartment cryogenically frozen on top of a pallet of Captain Birds Eye fish fingers, VOSA arrived and thawed him out and after issuing him with a fine and a stern lecture for being over hours allowed him to continue on his journey, by the time he arrived at Tesco’s he was 98 years old. He died aged 122 in the Tesco RDC drivers room still waiting to be tipped. :wink:

6239chester:
I ask this out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know who’s the youngest fridge driver in the UK? I’ve just got a job (21 in February) driving refrigerated Artics and curiosity killed the cat after a comment earlier today, I know of a few younger at Stobarts on containers. Regards all

they’re 17 year olds in the military now with class one licences. :grimacing: you old man! :sunglasses:

:laughing: very good

I was doing chipliners at 20, you’ve got it easy on a fridge!

A.

I worked for continental express when I was 21. A baptism of fire if ever there was one

We had a young lady in my old job who was doing fridge work at 20 let’s face it there’s nothing to it .

OVLOV JAY:
I worked for continental express when I was 21. A baptism of fire if ever there was one

Everyone who drove for them…

Went on to open their own ‘tobaconists’ shop.

:smiley:

turners-distribution.com/careers.php

CE licence at 19. Turners did sack him a few years ago because he was a total minger, mind.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

123smith:
Don’t know who the youngest is but the oldest has to be Mr Jack Frost he was delivering to Tesco’s, stopped en route to inspect the frozen load and got trapped inside the freezer compartment, 40 years later his truck was found with him still inside the freezer compartment cryogenically frozen on top of a pallet of Captain Birds Eye fish fingers, VOSA arrived and thawed him out and after issuing him with a fine and a stern lecture for being over hours allowed him to continue on his journey, by the time he arrived at Tesco’s he was 98 years old. He died aged 122 in the Tesco RDC drivers room still waiting to be tipped. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the response guys!

Aye fridge work may be easy but I’m enjoying it so far :slight_smile:

Last job had an 18 year old pulling wide and long loads and a big variety of flat work

Fatboy slimslow:
they’re 17 year olds in the military now with class one licences. :grimacing: you old man! :sunglasses:

Aye, I used to be one of these young pups many moons ago. DST in Leccy, great ■■■■ ups in Beverly.

Edit I lie, I passed my Wag and Drag 2 days after my 18th :frowning:

I was far from the youngest fridge driver but I did skipper a ship before I was 21, but only by 4 days … :slight_smile: