Sad Tale

Lorry driver death investigated
Police are investigating the death of a Bulgarian lorry driver who died in hospital in Lincolnshire.

The man was found lying in front of his vehicle in a lay-by on the A1, near Stoke Rochford, on Sunday night.

He was taken to hospital in Grantham but later died. The cause of his death has not yet been revealed.

A Lincolnshire Police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious at this time. His family in Bulgaria have been informed.

That is very sad actually. I’ve often convinced myself that I’m not afraid of dying, my fear has always been dying badly or alone. This poor guys last few moments away from loved ones and friends don’t bear thinking about.

I agree with the above.

I’m not alone in moaning about the foreign drivers over here, on the other hand, I find it enough hassle in a RHD artic never mind an LHD one.

Add to that the language issues and the general crap we all receive as drivers, then frankly I tip my hat to them.

Indeed, a very sad tale. R.I.P.

I think every european drivers worst (and largely unspoken fear) is that of dying in a foreign country either through illness or accident.

Many of us are away from our families for several weeks at a time and I know that every time I go away I quietly wonder if I will see my family and home again.

the maoster:
That is very sad actually. I’ve often convinced myself that I’m not afraid of dying, my fear has always been dying badly or alone. This poor guys last few moments away from loved ones and friends don’t bear thinking about.

you are spot on this is one of the things that use to run through my head dying hundreds of miles from my family thats one of the reasons i stick to the uk now at least the family can get to me within 6 hour drive But my biggest fear is not waking up in the morning how long would you be there for. so i all ways text my wife the name and address of the truckstop that i am staying in and a text in the morning to let her no everythings ok. So this driver must of been very frightened dying all a lone in some dark lay by with nobody with him. God Bless

all i can do is echo the comments above and i hope the family of this man get the help needed.