Inquiries into lorry driver death in Northumberland

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11921416

A lorry driver died when his vehicle left the A1 in Northumberland.

The 59-year-old man, from Preston in Lancashire, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Belford on Saturday night.

Although the area had sub-zero temperatures at the time, Northumbria Police have not linked the death to the ongoing cold snap.

A force spokesman said the vehicle left the southbound carriageway and ended up in a grass verge on the opposite side.

No other vehicles were involved.

The man was driving a Stobart vehicle, which was pulling a Tesco trailer.

No-one from the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Stobart group was available for comment.

An investigation into the incident is under way.

chris_g:
Inquiries into lorry driver death in Northumberland - BBC News

A lorry driver died when his vehicle left the A1 in Northumberland.

The 59-year-old man, from Preston in Lancashire, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Belford on Saturday night.

Although the area had sub-zero temperatures at the time, Northumbria Police have not linked the death to the ongoing cold snap.

A force spokesman said the vehicle left the southbound carriageway and ended up in a grass verge on the opposite side.

No other vehicles were involved.

The man was driving a Stobart vehicle, which was pulling a Tesco trailer.

No-one from the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Stobart group was available for comment.
i think the driver fell asleep rip

An investigation into the incident is under way.

whether it was medical, tireness or bad weather its very sad. :frowning: :frowning:

:frowning: condolences, bad at anytime but especially so at this time of year :frowning:

dutch flyer,why did you just copy chris g 's post

Sapper

Sad news indeed, condolences.

hi all first ever post on the site.he was a very good friend of mine and his wife rang sunday afternoon to tell us this terrible news.a couple of months ago we were laughing in Cyprus and now hes gone.He was one of the good guys folks proper old school R I P mate.

Very sad, condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news

A l c:
hi all first ever post on the site.he was a very good friend of mine and his wife rang sunday afternoon to tell us this terrible news.a couple of months ago we were laughing in Cyprus and now hes gone.He was one of the good guys folks proper old school R I P mate.

Please pass on my condolences to your friends family. :cry:

Another brother gone.

Ken.

Quinny:

A l c:

Please pass on my condolences to your friends family. :cry:

Another brother gone.

Ken.

Very Sad, Please pass on my condolences too :cry:

A l c:

i’m very sad that this was your first post but welcome anyway. please pass my condolences on to his family.
hopefully we’ll hear much more from you in better circumstances.

Thanks for the comments lads ive been told he suffered a heart attack and i know he would be thankfull that he didn,t take anybody with him.