Lorry driver froze to death in fridge trailer

I’ve gotten into a freezer with a pump truck to wheel the pallets to the back doors and I’m still here … I think !! so why didn’t it do me in ■■ And how come the peeps who work in a deep freeze survive ?

raymundo:
I’ve gotten into a freezer with a pump truck to wheel the pallets to the back doors and I’m still here … I think !! so why didn’t it do me in ■■ And how come the peeps who work in a deep freeze survive ?

You’re not very observant.
Next to the defibrillator in cold stores there’s a legal requirement for a pork pie supply. It’s for emergency use when workers forget to put on their warm clothing and enter freezers in shorts and t-shrts.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I missed the Herald by two minutes .

raymundo:

Really, you survived that? My god you live on the edge. People who work in deep freezers have cold store suits for a reason. Only a fridge man can take the effects of a deep freeze in a T shirt. We know how to breath and get blood to our vital organs quicker, a bit like fighter pilots that are trained to withstand greater G forces without passing out. This may sound unreal but it is true, you don’t earn the title of fridge man for nothing, we are god like and that is a fact. Obama was a fridge man, Julius Caesar was a fridge man, Tony Blair was a fridge man, I am a fridge man, need I say more really.

UKtramp:

raymundo:

Really, you survived that? My god you live on the edge. People who work in deep freezers have cold store suits for a reason. Only a fridge man can take the effects of a deep freeze in a T shirt. We know how to breath and get blood to our vital organs quicker, a bit like fighter pilots that are trained to withstand greater G forces without passing out. This may sound unreal but it is true, you don’t earn the title of fridge man for nothing, we are god like and that is a fact. Obama was a fridge man, Julius Caesar was a fridge man, Tony Blair was a fridge man, I am a fridge man, need I say more really.

You forgot JFK! He got iced…

Fixing the fridge yeah right :laughing:

TiredAndEmotional:

UKtramp:

raymundo:

You forgot JFK! He got iced…

Dam right he was, fridge men are the rock stars of this world. Walt Disney is also on the rocks.

TiredAndEmotional:
[You forgot JFK! He got iced…

And poor old Leon Trotsky got “picked” on.

Whoops. Sorry.

UKtramp:
Dam right he was, fridge men are the rock stars of this world. Walt Disney is also on the rocks.

Reporter John Poyser 2009, in an interview quotes Diane Disney,
“There is absolutely no truth to the rumour that my father Walt Disney, wished to be frozen”

Disney died in 1966 only weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer. He was cremated and his ashes interred.

It’s doubtful he was working on the unit, probably checking the load or something of that nature. This is the same press that regularly reports dropside transits as being trucks.

RIP drive.

RIP drive.
Bloody hell lads this is a shocking incident and not the place for frozen related whimsy.
You lot should be ashamed of yourselves, just let it go…

Too right this is a tragic loss of life, it is not an isolated incident either as many people have lost their lives through entering freezer trailers and freezer compartments. I said that this was an avoidable tragedy which it is. For a sensible poster like luke Vernon to pop on and say “no ■■■■ Sherlock”, is quite unbelievable to me. It is not obvious in the least or this would not have happened nor would any other tragedies like this occur. What Luke should have said is it is obvious how he died but in retrospect he should not have entered the trailer. Companies who allow their drivers to enter reefers alone are equally to blame. The HSE will be involved in this investigation as it has resulted in a loss of life. They will now by law have to review and put into place a new SSOW and risk assessment which should prevent further tragedies. No one should be entering a reefer below freezing without correct training and following a recognised method statement. At -20 deg C you do not have long before your body starts to shut down and senses dwindle in a confined space. Make no mistake that a reefer should be classified as a confined space and lone working regulations should be put into place. I have written SSOW and risk assessed many cold store blast freezers and reefer units for companies in the past because of incidents like this. Unless a reefer is on a bay and been unloaded correctly, they are a dangerous area to enter.

Dipper_Dave:
RIP drive.
Bloody hell lads this is a shocking incident and not the place for frozen related whimsy.
You lot should be ashamed of yourselves, just let it go…

Subtle. Very subtle. Raised a smirk.

UK Trump Towers , what drugs are you taking or smoking for your fridge Betty Bollacks, look at me ,I’m such an expert in fridge freezers from Dixon’s Mr Zanusi who knows eff all about fridges .

UKtramp:
Too right this is a tragic loss of life, it is not an isolated incident either as many people have lost their lives through entering freezer trailers and freezer compartments. I said that this was an avoidable tragedy which it is. For a sensible poster like luke Vernon to pop on and say “no [zb] Sherlock”, is quite unbelievable to me. It is not obvious in the least or this would not have happened nor would any other tragedies like this occur. What Luke should have said is it is obvious how he died but in retrospect he should not have entered the trailer. Companies who allow their drivers to enter reefers alone are equally to blame. The HSE will be involved in this investigation as it has resulted in a loss of life. They will now by law have to review and put into place a new SSOW and risk assessment which should prevent further tragedies. No one should be entering a reefer below freezing without correct training and following a recognised method statement. At -20 deg C you do not have long before your body starts to shut down and senses dwindle in a confined space. Make no mistake that a reefer should be classified as a confined space and lone working regulations should be put into place. I have written SSOW and risk assessed many cold store blast freezers and reefer units for companies in the past because of incidents like this. Unless a reefer is on a bay and been unloaded correctly, they are a dangerous area to enter.

I’ve never worked with reefers but surely common sense would say I ain’t going in there unless the doors are secured open and it’s first been shut down and it’s not running or able to run.Probably less of a hazard in that case than being outside in ambient temps in a biting North American winter for example. :bulb: :confused:

UKtramp:
Too right this is a tragic loss of life, it is not an isolated incident either as many people have lost their lives through entering freezer trailers and freezer compartments. I said that this was an avoidable tragedy which it is. For a sensible poster like luke Vernon to pop on and say “no [zb] Sherlock”, is quite unbelievable to me. It is not obvious in the least or this would not have happened nor would any other tragedies like this occur. What Luke should have said is it is obvious how he died but in retrospect he should not have entered the trailer. Companies who allow their drivers to enter reefers alone are equally to blame. The HSE will be involved in this investigation as it has resulted in a loss of life. They will now by law have to review and put into place a new SSOW and risk assessment which should prevent further tragedies. No one should be entering a reefer below freezing without correct training and following a recognised method statement. At -20 deg C you do not have long before your body starts to shut down and senses dwindle in a confined space. Make no mistake that a reefer should be classified as a confined space and lone working regulations should be put into place. I have written SSOW and risk assessed many cold store blast freezers and reefer units for companies in the past because of incidents like this. Unless a reefer is on a bay and been unloaded correctly, they are a dangerous area to enter.

I like to surprise now and again

UKT I think you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. Your posts on this thread are coming across as crass trolling, even by your standards.

What the hell were you smoking when you said, quote…

I have seen fit healthy men drop dead through going in with empty stomachs as they did not know they should have eaten first. I once broke my Ankle when I was inside a blast freezer in Libya which could have easily ended in tragedy. As the ambulance crew were bringing me out on a stretcher, I didn’t know how bad my injuries were, I said if I am in such a state just leave me to freeze as it would be less painful for me. Any fridge man’s wish would be to be frozen to death, it would be an honor.

?.

How the hell would an empty stomach make any difference? Bit melodramatic wasn’t it when your broke your ankle and said to the crew to leave you there, and that it would be an “honor” (sic) to freeze to death…?! Tell that to a veteran of the Arctic convoys, - haven’t we just been remembering their comrades in arms for remembrance Sunday?

And what the hell was this about?

Only a fridge man can take the effects of a deep freeze in a T shirt. We know how to breath and get blood to our vital organs quicker, a bit like fighter pilots that are trained to withstand greater G forces without passing out. This may sound unreal but it is true, you don’t earn the title of fridge man for nothing, we are god like and that is a fact. Obama was a fridge man, Julius Caesar was a fridge man, Tony Blair was a fridge man, I am a fridge man, need I say more really.

You can get blood to your organs quicker can you? Stand there in a T Shirt eh? Obama…? Give me strength.

Look I agreed with your stuff on lone working but you’re shooting yourself down with this nonsensical crap.

You need to be on pre-mod to prevent the rest of the readership losing the plot entirely :arrow_right:

I have a feeling most of UKT’s posting was a little tongue in cheek…

bazza123:
UKT I think you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. Your posts on this thread are coming across as crass trolling, even by your standards.

What the hell were you smoking when you said, quote…

I have seen fit healthy men drop dead through going in with empty stomachs as they did not know they should have eaten first. I once broke my Ankle when I was inside a blast freezer in Libya which could have easily ended in tragedy. As the ambulance crew were bringing me out on a stretcher, I didn’t know how bad my injuries were, I said if I am in such a state just leave me to freeze as it would be less painful for me. Any fridge man’s wish would be to be frozen to death, it would be an honor.

?.

How the hell would an empty stomach make any difference? Bit melodramatic wasn’t it when your broke your ankle and said to the crew to leave you there, and that it would be an “honor” (sic) to freeze to death…?! Tell that to a veteran of the Arctic convoys, - haven’t we just been remembering their comrades in arms for remembrance Sunday?

And what the hell was this about?

Only a fridge man can take the effects of a deep freeze in a T shirt. We know how to breath and get blood to our vital organs quicker, a bit like fighter pilots that are trained to withstand greater G forces without passing out. This may sound unreal but it is true, you don’t earn the title of fridge man for nothing, we are god like and that is a fact. Obama was a fridge man, Julius Caesar was a fridge man, Tony Blair was a fridge man, I am a fridge man, need I say more really.

You can get blood to your organs quicker can you? Stand there in a T Shirt eh? Obama…? Give me strength.

Look I agreed with your stuff on lone working but you’re shooting yourself down with this nonsensical crap.

You need to be on pre-mod to prevent the rest of the readership losing the plot entirely :arrow_right:

:laughing: whoosh!!!

It’s not really whoosh, it’s just I’m not sure this is the thread to be doing it on. A bloke died, he just needs to have a bit of respect.

Just a thought but would people be finding it acceptable if it was a Brit driver who’d frozen to death? They’d have told UKT to shut his mouth.