Looking for work with a skeleton in closet

It’s easy to find another job. I’ve had 21 this year alone.

eagerbeaver:

I suppose it depends where you live. Where are you located?

Mooping:

eagerbeaver:

I suppose it depends where you live. Where are you located?

Warrington mate. I was only joking though about having 21 jobs.

It’s actually 23.

Interesting that you have to have been with the employer two years to claim unfair dismissal, I didn’t know that. Since you clearly were unfairly let go.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

@ Mooping

I’m not doubting what you say about being told to work with the tachograph on break, or anything else, I’m just pointing out how a prospective employer might see it.

Tacho

The work I used to do required the drivers to work as a team and pull your weight. If you didn’t, you were unpopular as it meant more work/longer days for others. Most of my co-workers were outraged at how I was treated. I know the most senior (as in age and experience) told the TM as much. They also invite me when they have a get together. But I have still a bad taste in my mouth. I’ve lost a lot in earnings and it dented my pride. I hope I can now put it behind me.

Mooping:
For most of the past year, I’ve been doing agency work for the same agency and the same company which the agency has found for me. The company I work for is happy with my work but they won’t take me on as they aren’t taking anybody on preferring to use agency staff such as myself. So I’m finding myself in the position of having to apply for full-time driving jobs. My last job before signing on to do this agency work was one which I resigned from. In fact, I was told that I had the choice of resigning or my employment would be terminated. It was down to some difficulty I had with the transport manager a the company. So, if anybody enquires of that company about me, I will get a reference which states that I left of my own volition. I was assured this my the HR department. So that’s fine. But the problem lies in why would I leave a company without full time permanent work to go to? A bit like a monkey grabbing hold of the next branch before letting go of the last. My situation begs the question ‘Why did you leave your last position?’ Incidentally, I was with them for just under two years. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get around this situation? Thanks.

You left because you felt you had better earning potential and the chance of more varied experience with agency work. You now feel that’s not working out. Simples…

Thanks. Another good reply.