Long-haul Cab Packs

robthedog:
Seems they fitted either way ?

robert1952:
PS. I wonder how many other models had ‘reverse sweep’ on RHD cabs - or the other way round for that matter! Anyone know? Normally, I calculate RHD / LHD by the wiper sweep, the mirror set-up and the steering wheel position if visible. Robert

I stand to be corrected SORRY Robert , that is strange left hand drive but they go to the right, and only two wipers aswell.

I seem to recall sitting in one of my Dads advent calendar Mercs and the drivers was complaining about the same thing ( wipers sweeping from the left )

Jeff…

magirus10.jpg

It seems that you got what you were given.

Anyone hoping for a return to “Long Haul Cab Packs” should note that the Astran motor has a roof rack and a cabinet. :smiley:

morris.jpg
Don’t think the Morris Marina came with a Long Haul Cab Pack, but it did have wipers that went the “wrong way”! :laughing:

Anyway, now back to the trucks (apologies to Mr Robert :blush: )

Volvo F88 and F89 Middle-East kitchen packs. Robert

And I wonder what make of lorry this was…
I quite like the idea of a proper stove in a lorry cab, but the it would’ve taken up a lot of room… and then there’s the fire risk… I don’t suppose the insurance mafia would like it today, but there again it would have kept you alive in Turkey or Russia. Robert

11012649_10205384433402401_5767271711813233045_n.jpg
11034179_10205384433162395_551664280516519521_n.jpg

robert1952:
I quite like the idea of a proper stove in a lorry cab, but the it would’ve taken up a lot of room… and then there’s the fire risk… I don’t suppose the insurance mafia would like it today, but there again it would have kept you alive in Turkey or Russia. Robert

Nice pic that Robert central heating and a nice wood fired pizza what more could you want.

robthedog:

robert1952:

Nice pic that Robert central heating and a nice wood fired pizza what more could you want.

It’s not as barmy as it looks: when I lived on a double-decker bus for a couple of years, I had one of these stoves downstairs and another one upstairs! Robert

So, you could get a RHD Maggie ‘Pulman’! Robert

img302-thumb-448x437-111376.jpg

Good morning. Just noticed this page from a Dutch 1978 Ford Transcon brochure, showing the kitchen set-up for LHD units. Robert

Ford-1978-E.jpg

Hi can someone tell me how to get the Dutch Transcon picture up thanks rowly

rward:

It won’t go up. It needs to be uploaded at a higher resolution. Robert- where did you find it?

[zb]
anorak:

rward:

It won’t go up. It needs to be uploaded at a higher resolution. Robert- where did you find it?

Dunno, it’s been in my files for ages. Someone rang me today about them so I posted it. I have scans of the four-page brochure. Robert

Posted on the homebrewed cabs thread today. Robert

Bumped up for DAF cab conversions being discussed on the Afghan thread :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Bumped up for DAF cab conversions being discussed on the Afghan thread :wink:

DAF 2800 Supercontinental cab package designed for the Middle East run.

Click on twice to read.

That was the kitchen I had in my DAF on I T Holland,the only thing which could have perhaps been improved upon was, if they had fitted the cooker at the end and made the passengers seat able to turn,instead of being in the middle which made you sit on the center consul.

TC kitchen pack