LONG DISTANCE DIARIES - PHILIP LlWELLIN & OTHERS

One from 1975 Please click on each page to read for better focus.

Fancy Peterbuilt from 1975

Remember to click on the pics for better focus !

A diary from 1984.

Click on pages to read.

europleb:
Im moving house and having a clear out and ive a copy of phils book the road to muckle flugga which contains some LDD’s inc the first trip to the middle east.if theres any intrest PM me

If I remember correctly, Phil’s first middle east trip was riding shotgun with an Oryx Freight driver in Truck magazine.
I was tramping in UK at the time and thought what a great job to get into, but how?
Within a short time, like many guys, I got into middle east work by being in the right place at the right time and was able to live the dream as it’s called these days!

On the Beaujolais run back in 1981 in a transcon.

Click each page to read.

This fella was featured in a earlier ldd, mighty impressive looking Peterbilt even though it was 10
years old back in 1989 ! Click on each page to read.

One from 1980.Click on each page to read.

One from 1984. Click on pages to read.

One from 1988

Is it legal to share these old articles now? Or does copyright remain with the publishers? I remember shilling to their offices in central London one summer with my Nan in tow to buy some old back copies.
As mentioned elsewhere on this forum in relation to Phil Llewellin his book “The Road to Muckle Flugga” is a must read, and presumably will still mean his family get some money into the coffers from its sale.
amazon.co.uk/The-Road-Muckle … 0857330039

DEANB:
Part 1

Part 2

Tymes 2 a day men :smiley: :unamused: :wink:

Classic motors…

image.jpg

Another good thread Dean, keep it up.
Doug

Nice pics ,Steelboy.

One from 1984.

Lots of good memories there, used to buy truck and driver as a kid late 70s 80s and have got a bedding box full of magazines stashed at my mothers :smiley:

I’ve really enjoyed reading these again - I can’t be the only person who has noticed that we have the first half of one diary (curtainsider loaded with pop on the way to Scotland) followed by the second half of a completely different diary (tanker tipping Cuprinol in Ireland and running back to Frome)!!

bus pass:
I’ve really enjoyed reading these again - I can’t be the only person who has noticed that we have the first half of one diary (curtainsider loaded with pop on the way to Scotland) followed by the second half of a completely different diary (tanker tipping Cuprinol in Ireland and running back to Frome)!!

Let’s just enjoy

bus pass:

Seriously?? Do you know how much time and effort it takes to find, sort, scan and then post these articles?
Mate, if I was you I would just select and read at leisure and be thankful that someone has put the time and effort into creating a series of posts that we can all reflect back to from back in the day. I remember reading some of these when they first came out and to read them again is great. :smiley:
Of course, if you have the same such library and feel that you can do a better job the please feel free!.. :wink:

bullitt:

bus pass:

Seriously?? Do you know how much time and effort it takes to find, sort, scan and then post these articles?
Mate, if I was you I would just select and read at leisure and be thankful that someone has put the time and effort into creating a series of posts that we can all reflect back to from back in the day. I remember reading some of these when they first came out and to read them again is great. :smiley:
Of course, if you have the same such library and feel that you can do a better job the please feel free!.. :wink: