Long distance diary Phil Llewellin America LA to Tucson 1982

This is an American long distance diary for a change,nice Peterbuilt.

Click on each page to bring into focus to read !

Thanks for the PM’s and finding that.Although I think I confused the details of the actual run with a different story over the years it shows how impressed I was with the outfit to have remembered that article since reading it in the day. :smiley:

Justy thought you might like to know that I am driving on I 10 as I read this heading back to Texas with a load of veggies, interesting read although I don’t think the roads have been resurfaced since 1982, makes my top of the range 13 Volvo rattle about like it’s on solid suspension, some of the worst roads in America. Still on logbooks here although some companies have a machine which you input your driving data etc but apparently it can be very easily fiddled.

Nice one chazzer, would be intrested if you have any photos ■■ If you ever get the chance a trip report from over
there would be great to see ■■? :smiley:

Hi, for me to do a trip blog would be rather boring I’m afraid as they consist mainly of loading somewhere for several hours then driving to destination and unloading for several hours interspersed with stops for fuel food and sleep, no stopping in little truckstops as in France, Spain or Italy where you might bump into another englishman (a rarer occurance these days I’m sure) and having a chat over a few glasses of wine. It’s more of get there get back, have a couple of days off and do it all again. Although you do see some fantastic scenery and the weather can be amazing (and downright dangerous) at times it get repetative like most jobs after a while. I’ve put a couple of pics on just to show what I drive.

Thanks for posting the pics chazzer, that’s what you call a sleeper cab !! :smiley:

good pics chazzer we do alot of winnipeg to laredo texas border so i look out 4 ya id be in 2014 freightliner cascadia shouldnt miss me theres a sign in window says true brit lol see ya soon maybe

Hi Steve, we only run Texas to California or Florida with about 16 trucks all Volvos, hate Laredo always sit there for ages loading, prefer doing Florida less waiting while reloading.

chazzer u got that right especially when loading back for canada lol my longest wait there was 5 days . isat tangiers 10 days once with customs probs but was on full pay /by the beach and having few beers at night with few of the guys good ol days anyway stay lucky m8

chazzer:
Hi, for me to do a trip blog would be rather boring I’m afraid as they consist mainly of loading somewhere for several hours then driving to destination and unloading for several hours interspersed with stops for fuel food and sleep, no stopping in little truckstops as in France, Spain or Italy where you might bump into another englishman (a rarer occurance these days I’m sure) and having a chat over a few glasses of wine. It’s more of get there get back, have a couple of days off and do it all again. Although you do see some fantastic scenery and the weather can be amazing (and downright dangerous) at times it get repetative like most jobs after a while. I’ve put a couple of pics on just to show what I drive.

Wheels looking a bit tatty Charlie, time for a ‘Buff up’ I think :wink: :laughing: . Regards Chris

It had just rained about 2 hrs earlier Chris.

5 days Steve I’m talking 5 hrs and my dispatcher is on the phone to the broker kicking ■■■.