Long distance diary 1978 Philip Llewellin

Well chaps since a few of you like Mr Llewellin ramblings i thought i would post another !

Robert will like this one as its about a erf !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As before remember to left click each page so you can read it as it tends to go out of foucus
when you transfer it onto here !

Another classic Philip Llewellyn informative piece. I’m surprised at Beresford sending a new B-series ERF over the Alps without an exhaust brake! If you look at the last unit in the Beresford line-up, I think its one of Beresford’s old ERF 5MWs. Robert

There is a book by phil Llewellyn called the road to muckle flugga , it only has a few of the TRUCK long distance diarys but it is worth a read

turbo ted:
There is a book by phil Llewellyn called the road to muckle flugga , it only has a few of the TRUCK long distance diarys but it is worth a read

I didn’t know that! Thank you. Robert :smiley:

Can anyone tell me if they know if Beresford did trips to the Middle East â– â– ?

Another great read Dean keep `em coming please :smiley:

DEANB:
Can anyone tell me if they know if Beresford did trips to the Middle East â– â– ?

No they didn’t, just European.

truckerash:

DEANB:

Thanks for confirming that !

Found this pic in a book

erf1.jpg

truckerash:

DEANB:

I believe Truckerash is right about this - and he should know! However, it recently came to light that one of their subbies, Albert Dale, did Middle East for while using his ERF NGC ‘European’ which happened to be painted in Beresford’s colours. He had previously used it on UK-Swiss work for Beresford. I strongly suspect that this is why rumours surface from time to time that Beresford did Middle East! Hope that helps.

Cheers, Robert